Base on what I have learned during first build and experience from using this bike there is beginning of my second attemption.
Under impression of silence of hub drive, this time I decided to try one stage reduction. This time my choice was TURNIGY HXT80-85-B (slim and cheap).
For my needs I had to remodel front and back of the motor, and do rewinding (I haven’t done yet, still waiting for magnet wire) from 8 turns to 12 and switch from delta to star to get ~72kV, additionally a want improve air flow.
I am planning reduction ratio 5:1 and run this thing on 10S2P A123 (20Ah pouch). I will stick to the same controller I used before CC ICE 100. Voltage is a little above rating but my test with 36V show that ICE 100 can handle that, and mosfet 019N04NS used in this ESC are rated for 40V. So I am full of hope that’s going to work.
Always lovely to see some pukka engineering going on. An I must say, the RC outrunners are so cheap, it still makes sense to just use them as a source for parts! The only thing I would suggest is the use of tapered inserts to connect can/shaft/pulley - they WORK & guarantee concentricity (so much better than those little grubscrews). Keep up the good work! Bob
Yea props on your first build. Not sure how I missed it until now , but wow you have a unique way of approaching things and I am very thankful you share as well as you do. Cant wait to see how this works out. Heck id like to see some of the things you build in your day to day job I bet that is pretty impressive as well.