Skippic wrote:Mine is holding up great. I've been using a 70uF motor run capacitor with 3ohm resistors and something like 3000mF electrolytic caps to stabilize the current. For control I used a voltage divider, an Arduino and the TextStar display. The Arduino measurement is far from accurate, so I've been averaging 100k measurements to display the battery voltage. To turn charging on and off I used an SSR:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SSR-25A-Solid-S ... 4ab6626024
Now I'm about to try using a 400uF cap as suggested by Farfle (big thanks):
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FUXGZG/ref ... _3p_dp_1_B
In the second charger I'm eliminating the resistors (maybe even the stabilizing caps).
Instead of the Arduino I'll use a much simpler and cheaper solution. My idea is to use a SSR, voltage dividers, voltage detectors and a cheap digital display.
Should be lighter, smaller with less connections and components to fail.
I'm attaching my Arduino code (dirty). I tried attaching the file, but ES didn't like it, so I tried renaming it to .txt, but it didn't help.
What puzzles me is the second spike.
Users browsing this forum: o00scorpion00o and 9 guests