My diy electric longboard so far, parts list sk3 213kv

torqueboards said:
I'd like to make my controller smaller. I'm using a similar one but the orange HK one. If you have any experience with ripping it apart let me know. I'd like to make a plastic case for a smaller one.

Just a reminder, there are tutorials on youtube for just about everything under the sun ... here's one about taking the GT2 apart and putting a Lipo pack in it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sCnlIUv6-0

A new case for it sounds like a winner. Please make an extra one if you do ... :)

I'm working on making my own motor mount. I already have it designed just need to tweak it and test it and it will be much cheaper than the current alternatives currently if you are interested. I do like the custom metal builds and being welded on. Those are definitely a strong and sturdy mount.

Keep it up with your build. I would like to see more.

Definitely need a good new source of motor mounts. I like my Alien mount a lot. But it was expensive and is no longer available.

Is there a good source of wheel-mount gear-pulleys?

Awesome find. I've been looking for a way to switch to a lipo pack.

Yeah, the Alien mounts are great. It's just pricey. I've unfortunately broken mine but that's not due to the quality of Alien mounts. The terrain I ride is just really rough and I'm pretty hard on them. I've had the angle mount snap as well as the motor mount snap.

What do you mean Wheel Mount Gear Pulleys?

torqueboards said:
Nice case what are you using to cover it on top?
sorry I forgot to show that in the photo, its just a nice sheet of aluminium :)
rf said:
What is your current ground clearance looking like?
and its pretty good, its thinner than the motor, there's about 4cm of space I think

@rf I got my wheel pulleys and belt (still on the way) from 'belting online'. Absolutely fantastic website selling pulleys for whatever sized belt, teeth and diameter + you can choose to modify the bore, i reordered a 14T pulley with the bore machined to 8mm for the motor with 2 grub screws. There is another website that people use, i can't remember the name of it but it is quite difficult to find what you want.

it hasn't :) i'm planning to drill 6 holes through everything, the pulley, wheel and steel plate, so the bolts are just going to go through the wheel and be tightened with nuts over a bit of 1.5mm aluminium. I hope that this will pull the two together ad make the structure relatively strong. I hope it goes to plan, i'll post a picture on here when i've done, should be in about a week

rf said:
torqueboards said:
I'd like to make my controller smaller. I'm using a similar one but the orange HK one. If you have any experience with ripping it apart let me know. I'd like to make a plastic case for a smaller one.

Just a reminder, there are tutorials on youtube for just about everything under the sun ... here's one about taking the GT2 apart and putting a Lipo pack in it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sCnlIUv6-0

@rf - That is definitely a really helpful video and I plan to convert my transmitter to Lipo, but do you know of a video or link that breaks down how to take the thing apart and identifies the inner workings are? The nearest thing I've found was Beetbock's shrink to his GT2 type controller http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=47176&hilit=gt2+controller&start=100, but it doesn't really explain what the innards are. I'm not an electronics wiz and it looks like he moved the boards around and maybe even cut and bent some parts of it, but I have no idea what's what and wouldn't be able to duplicate that. I searched all over youtube and google last night and came up empty...

im pretty happy with my nunchuck. You program it through an arduino, which allowes you to define a time based throttle curve. This basically allows you to set a maximum acceleration, preventing you from throwing yourself off the board every time you hammer on the joystick.

It took alot of tooling around, and the coding was a nightmare, but once I finally nailed it I was thrilled with the result.

@PracticalProjects! That case is sick! How did you make that? That thing is awesome. It's nice and sleek. Do you have to screw on the top though. I can see that as being a hassel if you work on the inside of the board or change the batteries every night. Please tell me more info on how you made that board. I want one too!

@Whilechukwuzout - Would you mind posting a tutorial on how we can setup a Wii Remote. I'm finally sick and tired of my big RC controller. I'd like to know what components I need. Where to buy them and what software to use and how to hook it up. Also is there an on/off switch on the Wii remote itself? When you are not riding and are holding the board and put your Wii remote in your back pocket?

PracticalProjects said:
Got my 32t drive wheel. Had to modify the bore and drill holes for the screws. Getting closer to the finish line with this build :) View attachment 2 View attachment 1
Looks good bud! That's exactly what I had to do with drive hub, I only use 4 bolts to attach the wheel and Pulley though. Your counter sinks look much cleaner than mine. Did your Pulley originally come with a larger hub?

Looks good bud! That's exactly what I had to do with drive hub, I only use 4 bolts to attach the wheel and Pulley though. Your counter sinks look much cleaner than mine. Did your Pulley originally come with a larger hub?[/quote]

Thanks a lot! yeah 4 should be more than enough, i just had to be sure, nah we had to drill it through, not ideal. I could have got the bore of it machined to that diameter from the place I ordered it from, I will do that next time I think.

Hi PracticalProjects, I was looking for timing belt pulleys very similar to the one you're using on the wheel and a problem I've been having is that they come with a hub as well as a small bore. There's no way that the sprocket can fit over the truck parts unless some modification is made like widening the bore. Is this what you're doing?

Please advise and thanks

Back