bafang M410 / G333 will run 48v with no mod ?

pswpower says 36v so im not sure if they need to be flashed before connecting 48v ... since my question...

If it follows suit with the previous M400, then you need the 48V controller.
you mean that there is different type for 36 and 48 and they different in hardware ? is there any email to someone in bafang to ask ?

you mean that there is different type for 36 and 48 and they different in hardware ? is there any email to someone in bafang to ask ?
The separate motor controller may or may not handle higher voltage even if the motor will. The windings will often take double the rated voltage. Then again, motors do burn out at the rated voltage in time. I knew a company that ran 12 v motors on 24 volt scooters for use inside the company. They ran nearly double quick. But they sold scooters so they had lots of spare parts.

Last edited:
i wonder if pswpower sells them for higher price when they say they are for 48v . like they have same motor but only change sticker and charge premium price ... this is what i meant ...if bafang says they are rated for 36/43/48 i doubt they install separate motors and controllers ...i only wanted to check if someone tried the 48v already

For the M400 it looks like Bafang sells several replacement controllers with different part numbers, for 36v, 43v, and 48v; 250w and 350w; CAN and UART protocols.

The separate motor controller may or may not handle higher voltage even if the motor will. The windings will often take double the rated voltage. Then again, motors do burn out at the rated voltage in time. I knew a company that ran 12 v motors on 24 volt scooters for use inside the company. They ran nearly double quick. But they sold scooters so they had lots of spare parts.
Those would have almost certainly been brushed motors, and *those* will wear out faster at higher voltages from the greater brush arcing. Brushless motors like those in the systems being discussed in this thread don't have that problem. Most BL motors have wire insulation that can handle at least a couple of hundred volts, some of them higher than that--so they are unlikely to have problems with the higher voltage itself.

Other things like the higher heat generated in them from the higher power could contribute to faster wear, but not the voltage itself.

Back