Battery build & Controller Upgrade

And I'd still recommend actually measuring things with a meter, and verifying that the wires you have connected are the ones you think you have connected.

Whenever something doesn't do what you expect, the first thing is to check that it's all connected properly--not that your diagram is correct, but that your actual wiring is correct. Next is to verify that the voltages that should be present actually are, and that ones that should not be present aren't.

I wired the modules correctly to that drawing I am certain. Before I started I labeled each wire 1-21 starting with the black wire and ending with the red. All the other wires are white. I took my time and made sure the wires were correct.

I will of course double check tomorrow. I have to figure this out I need to get that battery charging soon.

I got the bms running but I'm not sure what to do now.

I'm not sure why cell 20 is showing 7v

I tried to turn the BMS off but I couldn't, the lights are still on. I noticed there are passwords and some other things but it doesn't let me change anything. Do I have to change the passwords first or something?
I think this is because you aren't using it in a 24S configuration.
In which case you need to connect the wire at the far left, the blue one on this schematic:
1713421496922.png
Hopefully that should fix the issue.
If it doesn't , then it means that they changed the wiring method on the newer versions.

The documentation should cover this part clearly, did you ask the seller to provide a guide or something?

I would ask the seller for the wiring of the 21S configuratiuon.
I have seen already three different BMS wire setups from different BMS manufacturers.

One as Dui has shown in post #157.
One where you have to connect all unnused wires to the last B+
One where all the unused wires are not connected.

Thank you everyone. With your guidance and the new schematic from ANT I have sorted everything out and my battery is now safely charging. I truly appreciate your patience with me and help.

What new schematic?

Posting the actual specific things that fixed your problem, in detail, will help the next person that comes along....

Back