Car runs over Luna Wolfpack battery...still works great!

mrelectron

1 µW
On my first ride with my new BSSHD/Luna Wolfpack battery build, things did not go well. After a glorious romp through city traffic, I entered a graded shopping center entrance at speed and the battery popped off the magnetic mounts and skittered across the concrete to a stop in the middle of the road. I came to a stop a few seconds later at the curb and looked behind me, only to see a car turn in the same entrance and run over the battery with the driver's side front tire. Ouch. There were some deep scratches in the plastic case and a detached metal side trim panel, but that was all--no dents or cracks in the resin potting, and no distortion of the shape of the pack. After waiting a few minutes and making sure the pack wasn't going to catch fire or explode, I remounted the battery and to my surprise it worked just fine. Two lessons here: First, this incident amply proves the resin-encased Wolfpack is as indestructable as a battery pack gets. Second, to prevent a repeat of this I added a simple hook-and-loop strap to keep the battery from going airborne on future rides. Thanks to Luna for the bulletproof battery design...definitely worth the extra money in my case.

Back