CAv3 / Infineon / MAC - Controller / Motor Issue

Supertux1

100 W
Hello All!

I am having an issue with a new CAv3, Infineon controller and MAC motor combo purchased from cell_man.
I have a query into him already for support but just wondering if anyone here might have some additional insight.

This is a 36-48V Infineon running with 3077ST FETS. Supply voltage is about 56 volts fresh off the charger, Li-NCM pack.
Motor is a MAC 10T with temperature sensor and upgraded phase wires.

The issue I'm having is that the motor simply does not want to turn from a dead stop.
It's a geared hub, so if I cog the motor backwards by rolling the tire backwards, spinning the magnets, it will sometimes 'catch'
and then start to run, but only until I let go of the throttle. From a dead stop or freewheeling, it will not start again.

If it stopped at just the right point, it 'might' start again without assistance, once it's running it seems fine, lots of power.

I have checked the following:

Voltage into controller throttle: 1.35 - 3.56 volts, zero to WOT, measured at the controller. CA says 1.30 - 3.65 on the display. Is this normal?
Hall sensors: checked with an oscilloscope, spinning wheel magnets: 0 to 5V pulses on all 3 lines, nice regular square waves.
Phase wires: Phase to ground, all 10K resistance. Phase to positive, all open, infinite resistance.

So any ideas why it would exhibit this behavior or is there anything else I can test?
My initial feeling is that the controller got damaged during shipping and is a little wonky or maybe is setup for some kind of sensorless DD.
(It would actually probably work OK if this were a DD.) I have the Infineon programming cable, but I am hesitant to poke around in there
until I hear from cell_man.

Here is a picture!

From left to right:

Handle bar mounted power/ignition switch, two red wires.
Brakes switch, red and yellow wire.
Horn switch, unused, red and yellow wire.
Hall sensors connector, yellow, green,blue on bottom, black, temp, red on top. (temp sensor in motor is extra wire in hall connector.)
Phase wires, yellow, green, blue.
CA connector. Note the yellow (speed for DD hubs) is connected to a brown wire. This is the temp sensor from the hall connector.

Video:

[youtube]eJDzdASNPyg[/youtube]

Back