Clicking noise from Crystalyte H4040

assaf

1 mW
Hey guys,

I've almost finished my setup (lots of pics & stuff on the way), but I got this weird noise issue and seek the advice of experts:
I connected the phase wires correctly, that is, tried all combinations until motor spins and in the right direction. The hall wires connector comes already polarized with lyen' controller / Ilia's motor and I didn't change that. Everything's fine with how the bike rides except for those clicking noises when running power to the motor.

That noise happens only when power is running to the motor AND some weight is on the wheel.
It does not happen when: Running power to the motor while the wheel is in the air / Coasting the bike w/out power / Running the motor while it's in the air and braking (that eliminates the option that mere load is the cause).

The motor is not touching the frame whatsoever. I haven't seen the inside of the motor yet, but the frequency of the clickings looks similar to the number of magnets. At any rate the sound is definitely coming from the motor itself.

Which way do I look?
I'm dying to ride this thing already. Help? :)

Mine too only under load and throlle. I think it's the spokes now? But it's not running as it has hall problems all three are dead. I think the wires shorted them. Shitty azz crystalyte problem ( wires ).

to the OP: Well, it is possible you have a "false positive" combo: where it spins in the right direction, but under a load it draws too high a current and doesn't operate as expected (odd noises common).

However, without a sample of teh sound, "clicking" could mean a lot of things, based on my experience of people's descriptions vs the actual sound they heard. ;)

Back