Did I fry my controller or battery when trying to replace broken reduction gear on tongsheng tsdz2b?

Eteacher

1 µW
HI all,

My TSDZ2B installed only 5 months ago started making a clunking noise with with peddling and throttling. I took it apart and found the big white plastic reduction gear had lost some teeth and were clogging the mechanism and making the noise.. I removed the broken bits and have ordered a replacement. I put it back together to see if I could get by with a the missing teeth but now the motor isn't working. The screen still has power when turned on but the throttle has no effect on the motor. With the throttle on I checked for voltage with my multimeter at the wires screwed into the motor but there was no power that I could detect so maybe controller?

I did have the unit still wired to the battery during removal of motor to get to the gear (regettably). During the removal there was no sparking or any signs of electrical shorting.

So I am wondering if its possible to fry the motor or controller just by unscrewing them and removing them from body?

How can I check to see if the motor or controller are still functional?

And why would teeth break off from the gear in the first place??

Thanks for you help, sprry in advance for any incorrect technical wording.

Eric

Check you've reconnected everything especially the speed sensor, and make sure the magnet is aligned that's the most common reason for no assist from the motor.

As for why the plastic gear teeth broke... Do you use the throttle a lot and do you use it to get moving from stopped? If so, that's going to put a lot of load on those gears. Less use of the throttle to accelerate and pedaling to help get started will reduce the wear.

Do you have brake sensors fitted? Some disagree but I think not having them fitted will also cause wear on the gears if you brake whilst pedalling or using the throttle.

Back