difference between standard vs max continous discharge vs peak how to establish what is needed for a motor's need

sharinginfos

100 W
hi
i need clarification
on benergy site i see 3 mesures for discharge . which one do we have to take into consideration? for example if a motor is rated 30amps how to determine the battery amps needed. so far i read that it is better to have 10amps more in the battery than the motor is asking to not stress the battery. so do we use the standard or the max discharge spec to establish calculation?

any comments advice welcomed. those cells are light 150g since external in plastic( i say to myself if i compress them no need to have aluminium casing maybe im wrong...).

but the spec have a big difference 1.4 vs 50amps. why?

Plus if you open the report testing they send me they dont show the same spec as seen on their site or below. this also i would like to understand if someone knows

is benergy recongnised as reliable?

https://www.benergytech.com/Lifepo4-Battery-3-2V-7AH-Prismatic-Cell-pd44615319.html

thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
3.2V 7AH Lifepo4 cell. Screw terminal design. Easy for pack composing.Can made different packs in series or in parallel.

Model No.: BPS-LFP7AHP

Parameter Table:

Product TypeLithium Iron Phosphate Cell
Shell TypePlastic Shell
Brand NameBenergy
Voltage3.2V
Nominal Capacity7AH
Minium Capacity7AH
IR≤2mΩ
Size18*65*100mm (W,L,H)
Weight150g±10g
Charge ModeCC/CV (Continuous current/Continuous Voltage)
Max Charge Current7A (1C)
Charge Cut Off Voltage3.65V±0.05
Standard Discharge Current1.4A (0.2C)
Max Continuous Discharge Current50A (7C)
Peak Discharge Current @3 sec410A (58C)
Discharge Cut Off Voltage2.5V
TerminalsM6
Cycle Life>2500 Times (0.5C charge/discharge, 100% DOD)
Discharge Temperature-10~55℃
Charge Temperature0~45℃
ApplicationElectric boat, yacht, marine, EV etc.
Warranty2 Years
OEM/ODMYes(Accepted)

Attachments

• BPSLFP7AHP(186588)-7Ah testing report.pdf
    159 KB · Views: 1
Boy, that's quite a spread between continuous max and standard.
What would help you determine what the real power is, is a discharge graph of the cell at various C rates so you can find the nominal voltage at various C rates, then find out where the sweet spot for power vs range is.

My educated guess is that they'd be best at 1-2C continuous.

One red flag about this company is that their specs aren't lining upon their batteries. They say it's for a 1500w motor but the maximum continuous discharge current for this battery is 720w ( 15 x 48 ).

Another thing is, 5kg or 11lbs for a battery of this size, using lifepo4, is not realistic. That's the weight for a battery with ~200whrs/kg; i don't know of any lifepo4 formulations with that level of energy density.

From this listing: https://www.benergytech.com/Lifepo4...e-Electric-Motorcycle-Battery-pd47489339.html

1697924720081.png

When you see a company playing so loose with numbers like this, and without detailed spec sheets for their cells, it's a good idea to tread with caution!

Back