Ebike Engine stopped working can any one assist me with this problem?

dtomoyo

10 µW
Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with my Ebike and am seeking assistance in diagnosing the problem.

Current motor in use: MXUS 36V 350WCurrent controller in use: KT36SVPRD-C8W02C

Problem: When pulling the throttle, sometimes there is no reaction whatsoever. Other times, I hear the motor starting up, but even when the motor starts, it doesn't spin. The system is showing Error code 01 or 06.

It was working fine until I was riding uphill while pulling the throttle, and all of a sudden, it stopped working.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

according to my user guide

Error code 01 : Throttle lever problem

Error code 06 : Controller problem

Edit : Do hear drum like noise when I start, and unable to do a walk mode either, anything relate to motor doens't work
but I do hear motor getting energy.

Edit : checked brake levers are fully shut or not, doesn't seem to be brake issue at this point.

Edit 3: I am reconnecting every wire and checking phase wires once more, will update the problem any assistance would be greatly apricated. thank you

Last edited:
The jetsons have a habit (yes I know yours is not a jetson) of the throttle connection getting off-set when they are folded up or when my kid puts his backpack on the handlebars (I have looked at it, just a cable plugged in at a weird angle and has poor retention) this has been a problem I have seen on a few off the shelf bikes that people ask me to look at (I am a so so mechanic and tell em not to get their hopes up so far I am over 50% success,, I suspect that it is just a statistical hiccup) But, best I can offer. Check the cables, these newfangled electric bikes like to have the whole electric thing...

The jetsons have a habit (yes I know yours is not a jetson) of the throttle connection getting off-set when they are folded up or when my kid puts his backpack on the handlebars (I have looked at it, just a cable plugged in at a weird angle and has poor retention) this has been a problem I have seen on a few off the shelf bikes that people ask me to look at (I am a so so mechanic and tell em not to get their hopes up so far I am over 50% success,, I suspect that it is just a statistical hiccup) But, best I can offer. Check the cables, these newfangled electric bikes like to have the whole electric thing...

sigh I have checked all the wires, and reassembled as well
cannot pin point the problem

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with my Ebike and am seeking assistance in diagnosing the problem.

Current motor in use: MXUS 36V 350WCurrent controller in use: KT36SVPRD-C8W02C

Problem: When pulling the throttle, sometimes there is no reaction whatsoever. Other times, I hear the motor starting up, but even when the motor starts, it doesn't spin. The system is showing Error code 01 or 06.

It was working fine until I was riding uphill while pulling the throttle, and all of a sudden, it stopped working.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

according to my user guide

Error code 01 : Throttle lever problem

Error code 06 : Controller problem

- Do hear drum like noise when I start (not all the time) , and unable to do a walk mode either, anything relate to motor doesn't work. but I do hear motor getting energy.

- checked brake levers are fully shut or not, doesn't seem to be brake issue at this point.

- I have reconnected every wire and checked phase wires once more, will update the problem any assistance would be greatly apricated. thank you

Problem: When pulling the throttle, sometimes there is no reaction whatsoever. Other times, I hear the motor starting up, but even when the motor starts, it doesn't spin.

- Do hear drum like noise when I start (not all the time) , and unable to do a walk mode either, anything relate to motor doesn't work. but I do hear motor getting energy.
Are you describing two different sounds, or are these the same? Does it sound like the motor is spinning, but not the wheel? Was the hill steep or long?

The is a possibility that you cooked a the hall sensors and you the controller is dual mode. If that were the case, absent working hall sensors, the controller is switching to sensorless operation, but starting the motor in reverse. Because the motor has a clutch, it just spins without turning the wheel.

Never seen an Error 06, but it suggests you cooked the controller. 36 bucks on amazon for 17A model, a few bucks more than ordering from China, but you get it in a few days,

For trouble shooting, see if the motor/wheel rotates backward with soft resistance, with/without controller powered up, If it won't go, there's a short circuit in the phases, possibly motor, wires or controller. Disconnect the motor cable to isolate.

Last edited:
Are you describing two different sounds, or are these the same? Does it sound like the motor is spinning, but not the wheel? Was the hill steep or long?

The is a possibility that you cooked a the hall sensors and you the controller is dual mode. If that were the case, absent working hall sensors, the controller is switching to sensorless operation, but starting the motor in reverse. Because the motor has a clutch, it just spins without turning the wheel.

I am referring to the same sound. its not motor spinning sound but more like Power getting through sound.
I've just checked and the KT36SVPRD-C8W02C controller is indeed has a dual mode.

" but starting the motor in reverse. Because the motor has a clutch, it just spins without turning the wheel. "
I am not quite understand this part, can you explain to me more?

Last edited:
Maybe someone hacked your ED account.
At first when I saw the gibberish I thought my account was hacked also. But looking into it further, it was an unintended speech to txt reply while I was at the optometrist. I don't know what I did or how it happened. Weird! Sorry!

At first when I saw the gibberish I thought my account was hacked also. But looking into it further, it was an unintended speech to txt reply while I was at the optometrist. I don't know what I did or how it happened. Weird! Sorry!
LOL, I was riding around two days ago and my phone started talking to me from my pocket. There was a bunch of gibberish in my text messages from the voice to text feature.

I am referring to the same sound. its not motor spinning sound but more like Power getting through sound.
I've just checked and the KT36SVPRD-C8W02C controller is indeed has a dual mode, but having hard time understanding how to switch to senseless operation at this point ..
At minimum, I'd disconnect the hall sensor connector going to the motor to diagnose the issue. If it acts the same, that would be a clue.

At minimum, I'd disconnect the hall sensor connector going to the motor to diagnose the issue. If it acts the same, that would be a clue.

I am currently working on my bike, I removed the hall sensor connector and tried to run it but same problem.
motor seems to get the power but doesn't move at all. do I assume this is NOT DYI repair-able and go to a shop?
or should I just buy a motor and replace it?

thank you for the help

edit : I gave up, taking the bike to the shop right now

edit : shop is telling me its a controller issue :'(

replaced a controller and now its working fine, feels like this could of been fixed dyi :'(((((

Last edited:
Well, it's running again, Go easy on hills so it doesn't happen again.

Yeah, the shop probably just hooked the motor up to a spare controller and verified it worked. Then replaced the controller.

I have a couple of hub motor bikes, and that's how I diagnose them. Put the bad bike close to a good one, and see if the good bike's controller will run the sick bike,

Back