Ecobike Vatavio Battery problem

roquerr

10 µW
I also have a Vatavio 36V ebike with out battery, I bought a silverfish battery with 36V 10ah specs. I made holes corresponding to the battery pins placement and was able to set the battery. I tested and the wheels turned as I turn on the handle accelerator. I was so exited and ready to test the bike. I left the battery on the bike overnight on the bike. Next morning, the battery is totally dead and would not charge. What did I do wrong, could the battery shorted out, or I did bought a bad battery. Please I need advice on how to work this out.

Sounds like the typical cheap battery problem--the BMS in it didn't turn off the output to prevent overdischarge, and the bike drained the battery below the point at which the BMS allows recharge.

Also possible the cells in the pack are just not very good (this is common) and have different properties from each other, causing imbalance between them that the BMS is designed to then disallow recharge because of (for safety).

Best recommendation is to return the battery if you can, and get a better quality one.

If it can't be returned, then you'll have to try getting warranty service on it if they offer that.

If they don't have a warranty, your best bet is just to get a better quality one and write this one off.

It *might* be repairable, but if it has failed this way already, it's going to do it again, and probably again and again, depending on the specific problems it has inside.

If you want to try testing the battery to see fi it's fixable, I can move your posts in this thread to a new one for that purpose.

Ok, i moved it to a new thread to help concentrate your info for helpers. :)

To test the battery, you'll probably need to open it up.

Before doing that, be sure that you don't care about any warranty service on it, because it will probably void the warranty if there is one.

First, with it disconnected from everything, set the meter to 200vdc and test the voltage at the charge port and at the discharge port, and note them in a post here.

Next, if you can open the casing, and access the main cell block itself, set the meter to 200vdc and measure the voltage at the two thick wires coming from it to the BMS and/or the outside connectors, right where they join the cell block itself. Note that in a post here.

If you can also access the connector with 11 wires in a row on the BMS inside, set the voltmeter to 20vdc, then the black lead on the first wire from that connector (if there's a black wire, start there, otherwise just start at one end). Put the red lead on the next wire over, and note the voltage down. Move the red wire to the next one, and the black wire to where the red wire was, and note that voltage down. Repeat until you have 10 voltages, and post them here.

Once we have that info, we can say more about what is going on, and suggest other tests ro repairs. .

Back