Free PCBs for AS5048A magnetic rotation sensor

kenkad

100 W
Hello,
If anyone is interested in a free PCB to be able to try out the AS5048A magnetic rotation sensor IC, I have five Ver 1 PCBs (blank, no parts on them) that are first self addressed envelope first gets. The PCB is 1x1 inch square, uses a Microchip 16F1829. I have attached a couple of JPGs in the PDF. This is part of a program to improve motor controller technology that is being done with graduate students. The PCBs are all surface mount type and the AS5048A is a TSSOP14 part and the uC is a SSOP20 part. Very good soldering skills are necessary. There are four JST PH type 2mm connectors. The PCB has a half-duplex RS485 interface as well. One of the connectors provides the 5-pin ICD interface and another provides a second SPI port to go off-board (transmitting angular data to another device). Please note that these are Ver 1 so some minor modifications need to be made to the PCB (no trace cutting is required). I strongly suggest, if interested, that you have PIC assembly language experience and an ICD3 to use for development. AS5048A parts are available from DigiKey or Mouser. Diametrical magnets will have to be gotten as well. PM me if interested.
kenkad

Attachments

• rotationsensorpics.pdf
    212.5 KB · Views: 56
Back