Guides

bobbill said:
Ag (Have Latvian pal named Agris), if you do not mind my nickname...I will advise but the comment was meant to respond to a remark in a PM. I have yet to assemble NESE kit...am careful/anal and think maybe best cells all same voltage before I assemble. And, must admit, looking forward to assembly, but -5 outside at moment, even coyotes are curled up in dens..

Haha, we just had -25C outside. Was that in Farenheit? If so, close. Latvians are closest to our culture and language and i live just few kms from the border
Tom, was just curious as if people have issues, there are always ways to improve.

C or F, when that low makes little dif. That is cold...also have another friend, from Latvia...Jon Blous...who I have not seen in 30 years, or since I moved to this town from Mpls.

Also, just noticed the containers did not come with the wee screws to hold down the access plate; so need 20 or two each and czan send with the safety caps....

And, as long as we are communicating, what would you say is best way to connect or connect or balnace the pack of 10?

First I must thanks all who have had patience and took time to read my garbage and then help.

I must be very ignorant…

As I have it a BMS is best overall option for pack of 18650 cells.
One source states the BMS and cell count must match.
All sensible to me, cells in parallel groups get a Balance Wire. But.

What happens when the group is large? Or, if significant size, covered by a single plate for parallel and series connections?

One source suggests the wee balance wire is set between + and – connections or cells. I so, how is balance maintained or how is information accurate to BMS, which may be a cluster of 2 to 4 cells?

I have built two packs (10s3p) both failed and went to a Wallen rig...but am not a quitter.

Now I want to use NESE modules to make a 10S3P pack…
NESE has modules from 2 to 8, with parallel contacts, which can be connected in series modules to module…so, insofar as balance wires go, how does one hook up in the above schema? How would balance occur?
I guess I am just to slow to get it…so need help with the theory to do.

I'm inoculated and will supposedly have full protection in another 2 weeks. I'll share what I have then. I have a bunch of BMS, an iCharger, and a Grin battery tester.

Not an expert but do have excellent tools.

five zero seven four five eight two nine four two.

Thanks, it is same as I thought, but seems might be an easier less direct wat to do this. I am still in dark how the BMS cirsuits "balance" a group if the group is larger than, say 8 cells...maybe question is too basic...and I am missing somethintng. but hyou did clarify my original intent.

Seems one can craft a battery pack into anyshpe one wishes,save the balancing limits.

Robert, Winona, MN, USA.

bobbill said:
Thanks, it is same as I thought, but seems might be an easier less direct wat to do this. I am still in dark how the BMS cirsuits "balance" a group if the group is larger than, say 8 cells...maybe question is too basic...and I am missing somethintng. but hyou did clarify my original intent.

Seems one can craft a battery pack into anyshpe one wishes,save the balancing limits.

Robert, Winona, MN, USA.

BMS does not balance parallelled cells. Cells in parallel balance each other out. Best analogy would be to imagine couple of jars paralleled with a tube at the bottom. No matter where or how much water you pour in, all will be at the same level. BMS is balancing series groups. It does so by bleeding or heat. Cells rise when charged and first series group which reaches set voltage, say 4.2 gets discharged and at the same time charger is disabled. When that cell reaches set threshold, charger is switched on and the cycle repleats untill all series groups reach 4.2v. Now your battery is balanced
This could also be explained with fluid.
We add taps on each jar at the bottom and single filling line split into each jar. Now if the filling tubes are not the same diameter some jars would fill faster. BMS closes filling line and opens a tap of overfilled jar, then closes it and opens filling tap :) Hope that makes sense

isenseit does not matter how many cells you connect in parallel. In nese case say you want more than 8 cells, then you connect 2 8 cell modules in parallel(positive to positive, negative to negative). Now your jar bottom tube is the same as series bus bar of the 2 modules

@ TomJaz...I get 1st shot Monday and have apt for 2nd...and look forward to meeting you...You can swim? I sail and do a few other things...I am also learning elect stuff. Fun. And Thanks...been watching AO and researching balance wires and have some new knowing from Agnesium, who has been marvelous helper for me. We have to compare stuff. BH-J. , Winona.

Back