Help w/ parts for QS205 / KLS7230S build

hurryupnbuy

10 mW
This is my first build and was wondering if someone could help me out with parts to get.

Bought:
Motor: QS205 V3 50H (3t)
Controller: Kelly KLS7032S (random q but does anyone know if it supports 3 speed switches?)
Old moped frame

Not yet bought

Battery: 72v custom - haven't spec'd it out yet
Setup parts -
-Connectors: I've seen a lot of XT90 connectors but I also heard I should get XT150s for this setup.
-Tools: I'm guessing I need a voltmeter, crimping tool. What else?
-Wires: 8-10ga silicone wires is what I was recommended.
-Shrink tubing: later on

Brakes - Will be riding on spoke wheels in the back, and hoping mag wheels in the front.
Brakes: Any recommendations? I've gotten suggestions for Magura MT5 and Hope Tech 3 E4s
Brake discs: Size & recommendations for front and rear?

Tires: Any DOT-rated tires to check out?

Speedometer/display: I'm wondering if there's any way to mod an analog speedometer to a DC/DC adapter. Has anyone seen this before?

Torque arms: Wondering if I should just go with the Grin Tech universals or different ones for this beast of a motor. Or maybe I try to double up on the GT ones? Thoughts? I can also look into making a custom one. If so, how thick should the piece be?

Throttle: Looking for a full twist throttle with a volt readout, or a separate readout. Any recs?

Use the torque arms QS gives you, they work really well.
Get hope brakes if you can swing the price. I have tektro auriga brakes (with brake sensors) with 205mm rotors and they're a little underpowered without regen over 30 mph on my eeb.

I've had good luck with these. If you search ebay there are different colors, styles(thumb,wrist) and switch types (key, switch).
Throttle:
https://www.ebay.com/c/2085681256

Hope this helps.
Good luck!

I bought the motor laced off Em3ev so here's to hoping they send me the torque arm as well.

I saw the Tektro auriga brakes as an option but also read some mixed reviews in terms of performance, although I do not really expect to ride beyond 30-35 mph ever outside of controlled circumstances. Besides the Hope brakes, do you have any recs for ones between that price point?

Thanks for the ebay tip. Found one that I think will work.

Back