Higo to USB-C adapter cable?

ChanW

1 mW
I have (on order) the new Grin eBikes.ca V4 Baserunner L10 controller, which provides a 'DC power tap' that connects to the "Mains" connector, for providing power to taillights or etc.

The power tap provides V+ (from On/Off) and Gnd. What voltage would that V+ be?

If it's a 5V tap, wouldn't the following Higo to USB-C adapter cable be a good solution for charging a phone, etc?
https://www.higoconnector.com/products/5300-1010/GV99K
(I would hope to be able to clip the two extras pins in the male Higo connector)

Where would I find such an adapter? I don't think A&C Solutions sell them individually.

Seems that it would be a great addition to the Baserunner Accessories list, Justin!
@justin_le?

Thanks for any tips!

ChanW said:
I have (on order) the new Grin eBikes.ca V4 Baserunner L10 controller, which provides a 'DC power tap' that connects to the "Mains" connector, for providing power to taillights or etc.

The power tap provides V+ (from On/Off) and Gnd. What voltage would that V+ be?

If it's a 5V tap, wouldn't the following Higo to USB-C adapter cable be a good solution for charging a phone, etc?
https://www.higoconnector.com/products/5300-1010/GV99K
(I would hope to be able to clip the two extras pins in the male Higo connector)

Where would I find such an adapter? I don't think A&C Solutions sell them individually.

Seems that it would be a great addition to the Baserunner Accessories list, Justin!
@justin_le?

Thanks for any tips!

Per the website, the adapter connects to the "Mains Signal Plug". While the "Mains Signal Plug" includes a +5V pin, it also has a "Battery V+ (red)" wire, that seems like would connect to the "V+ from On/Off" pin of the tap. Also, on/off on most controller is battery voltage. I wouldn't plug it into a phone without testing the voltage with a DMM first.

Heh! Thanks for that.
And now that I look more closely, the USB-C VBUS voltage is 'negotiable' - not necessarily as simple as 5 volts in...
Maybe I'll wait for the commercial version.

Back