Modded Yuneec E-go

Hi All, here is my modded yuneec e-go that will cruise at 14.4 mph.

I got 107mm abec 11 electric flywheels and the evolve boards drive wheel (33 tooth). I also got a 45 tooth belt from SDP. It fits a little bit loose, so it skips when you brake, but I haven't ever had it skip when accelerating or cruising.

I had to shave a bunch of material off the drive wheel to make it fit, but you cannot tell the wheel is different when you ride it. One nice thing about this mod is that it doesn't damage the yuneec setup at all, so you can change back to the stock setup if you feel like it.

I've also thrown in a couple random pictures of the e-go parts, because I figured others might be curious. It is by no means a perfect mod, but I'm pretty happy with how it has sped up the board a bit.

Hey nice job. I am 230lbs and only get 11mph on mine. Its a bit too slow for my commute, but its working for the time being. I am going to build my own and sell my e-go when its done. However, I am glad I bought it as it confirmed I can use an electric board to finish up the last 3 miles of a metro train commute. Taking the train adds 30 minutes to my commute, but I get a 20 min skate to work and arrive with a smile on my face so I think its worth it.

Marc

addicted2climbing said:
Hey nice job. I am 230lbs and only get 11mph on mine. Its a bit too slow for my commute, but its working for the time being. I am going to build my own and sell my e-go when its done. However, I am glad I bought it as it confirmed I can use an electric board to finish up the last 3 miles of a metro train commute. Taking the train adds 30 minutes to my commute, but I get a 20 min skate to work and arrive with a smile on my face so I think its worth it.

Marc

It's def! worth it.. I save about 3-6 hours a week on my commute as well :mrgreen:

I took it out on my commute this morning. According to strava I went 2.8 miles in 12:51 minutes, with an average speed of 12.9mph. I'm pretty happy with this as I always hit 20 minutes of traffic leaving work just to get to the corner of the block, and I won't have to sit in it anymore! I agree with you Marc, the E-go is not going to keep me happy in the long run, but it will work until something better is released on the market or I build my own.

I will also confirm that the electric flywheels are awesome. They will roll over anything. For comparison in size look at my pics above... Those are gumballs on the loaded board, and they look tiny!

good job!

so about $150 to get to 14.4 mph

what did you use to cut the wheels with?

you feel any difference when climbing hills?

Recently got an E-Go, and really like it for, as you guys said, until something really good becomes available on the market. I do wish it had more speed. I'm not mechanically inclined so I would have no idea how to accomplish what you did but it's really impressive. Congrats.

kimboviper said:
good job!

My unmodified version climbs hills like an 80 year old lady with a walker and emphysema. I pretty much get off it on any appreciable grade, but my commute only has one spot I need to walk and its only 100ft or so..

addicted2climbing said:
kimboviper said:
good job!

My unmodified version climbs hills like an 80 year old lady with a walker and emphysema. I pretty much get off it on any appreciable grade, but my commute only has one spot I need to walk and its only 100ft or so..

well i climb 10-20% hills at a about 10mph... and i weigh 180lbs. Pretty much any VTA Light Rail hills around my area...

kimboviper said:
good job!

I think all in all the cost was closer to $200, but I also picked up the e-go off craigslist. I don't know if I would recommend anyone pick up a $700 e-go with the intention of dumping another $200 into it with this mod, but it was fun to experiment with.

I only have 2 small hills on my commute, one of which is a freeway overpass walkway, and it climbed the hill pretty much the same as before. Going downhill I could not brake with full power or else the belt skips.

I cut the wheels with a hack saw and a kitchen knife. As soon as I got it small enough to mount to the board, I used the motor to spin the wheel and a metal file to clean it up a bit. It wasn't pretty, but it worked. It would have been much easier if I had any power tools.

I'd love to get something offroad
$%28KGrHqJHJBME63Uw2BUmBO0e5rWj3w~~60_57.JPG

Back