No regen with Baserunner

osa57

10 mW
I have already used 9Continent RH212 hub motors with Phaserunner and everything was always fine, regen did work immediately well.

Now I have a Baserunner (no Phaserunner are available...) and this is my setup:
- 48V battery
- RH212 9C hub motor
- L10 Baserunner

From the Phaserunner suite this is what I see:
Dashboard.png

1. The "ebrake" flag and the "Regen" flag do not light up when I pull the brake
The "Throttle voltage" goes to 0,40V when I pull the brake and down to 0 when I also push the throttle
2. Brake voltage (1) stays always = 2,84V
3. Wheel speed sensor Voltage (Brake Voltage 2) fluctuates from 4,5V to 0,03V

I tried to add the following parameter: Addr 249 Regen Brake Source and to modify it
- from Brake 1 to Brake 2 >> nothing changes

I also tried to add the following parameters:
Addr 212 Analogue Braking Enable : >>> no changes
Addr 212 Engine Braking Enable : >>> no changes

Do you have any guess why REGEN is never triggered?
thanks
Daniele

Are those settings ones that *do* change/enable when using a PR with the PR suite? If so, then it sounds like the BR firmware isn't the same, and may not have those functions. That's something you would have to then ask Grin ebikes.ca about, if there is a fix or firmware update to correct.

I have solved this issue by following the technical guidelines on this document
Baserunner-V4-Regen.png

Basically it is necessary to shunt the Throttle and the EBrake entries on the Higo 9 connector.

Now regen works like a charm!

Hello,
Just to mention that it is also described under section 6.6 in the Baserunner V4 manual.
Also, if the BR is to be used with a Cycle Analyst, see section 3.1 of the manual. The supplied adapter cable that plugs in the MAINS and has a 2 pins connector at the other end serves the same purpose as the jumper made to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
Back