Peukert and regeneration

Geebee

1 kW
I have been playing with my electric scooter and on some longer rides have found I can use almost the rated a/h (20hour rate) of the batteries (I know not good for them) whereas much lower wattage motors can only use a 1/2 or so of rated capacity.
The 2 differences are that the scooter is a moped so the pedals don't get used at all and it has regen, now the no pedaling should make it worse than my e-bikes regarding peukert's effect but it is actually dramatically better, I am assuming that regen maybe alot better than it is given credit for if it can almost double the available power from SLA's.

I'm not sure exactly how regen affects Peukert, but with my Zappy, that has regen, does seem to get amazing range for the battery size / speed.

How much regen current can you get?

Don't know as my amp meter won't cope with the current the motor uses, after 2 1/2 years I think the battery is heading for replacement, although I did find a dirty connector to the pack.
The range has always been way longer than expected especially with all the hills around here.

Back