Poles per revolution, Bafang 350W hub?

Chalo

100 TW
I got a couple of these recently, and just tested one on the bench:
https://bafang-e.com/en/oem-area/components/component/motor/fm-g020250350d/

The hub is secondhand and came without a controller or anything else. I hooked it up to an Ebikeling controller, and it ran smoothly in the right direction.

My problem with it is that when I run it full speed, it turns at maybe 150 RPM, but the console reads 62 mph. I think the controller must be self-restricting to 100 kph. But the hub isn't going that fast.

I have two questions for anybody who knows these systems better than I do:

First, what's the pole count/poles per rev for the Bafang hub linked above?

Second, is this the controller parameter I should change to modify the interpreted speed?:
P07: Magnet Steel Number for Speed Test Range: 1-100

In the worst case, I have an optical tachometer that I can use to home in on the correct setting by trial and error. But I have a limited time to get this thing running right, and maybe someone here knows this stuff already? I would be most grateful for any guidance.

Looks like this thread might help.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=106233&start=25
I have several of these motors/wheels and would like to obtain and use a control for them. Please share what you learn.
Regards,
major

Attachments

• IMG_20200620_145737546_copy_844x999.jpg
    IMG_20200620_145737546_copy_844x999.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 265
I got the thing running approximately right.

Parameter 07 on the Ebikeling console accepts values from 1-100, but it doesn't recognize or correctly compute values above 93 (which was the range I needed). I set the P07 to 93, then compensated for the difference between displayed and actual speed by reducing the parameter for wheel size (P06) from 27.7" (actual wheel size) to 24.7".

Afterwards, the wheel RPM corresponded correctly to the display mph.

The Bafang wheel only displays speed on the Ebikeling console when the motor is driving. When it's coasting, the display speed drops to zero. That's a quirk I hope my customer can live with, because there isn't anything obvious I can do about it.

Last night I ordered another couple of Bafang wheels from batteryclearinghouse, and a few controllers and KT LCD4 displays to use with them. After I try them together, I'll post my results, good or bad.

Back