?s for CYC X1 and/or Stealth owners

Stormsorter

10 µW
Is there a way to wire an on/off key switch like on my Cyclone? It looks like there is based on a pin out table from ASI someone posted in another thread. I assume pin 22 on the controller would be pin 5 on the display and the one I would want to put a keyed switch on? I'd rather not deal with a password/pin# to turn the bike on even though it probably would be more secure. I would rather use a key then turn on the display if possible. I would of coarse put the controller and switch in a vented box to prevent easily bypassing the switch

I tried searching but cant find out for sure if the 750c display is visible wile wearing polarized sunglasses?

Are the tire size options in the 750 display presets like 24 and 26in or can you actually set your measured tire size? The pdf manual didn't really say but kinda makes it look like presets only.

Can you use the the Stealth's motor hanger on a Pro Gen2 68-83mm? I don't see why you couldn't but also don't see why they don't switch to the Stealth style since the Pro's looks like a pain to tighten down. https://www.cycmotor.com/product-page/stainless-steel-motor-hanger

Almost forgot, what chainring combo would be best for keeping 28mph on level pavement using PAS at a reasonable cadence? PAS on the cyclone controller seemed useless so I have no real experience with it. This is actually one of my main reasons for upgrading. I really just want to keep the speed limit wile getting some exercise.

Also since I'm still debating if I want the Pro or Stealth I'll ask for opinions on that too. I currently have a 3000w Cyclone with stock 40amp controller on a Mongoose Envoy. I use a 60v 16s battery and set the phase current to 60% effectively limiting it to about 1500watts. Full power is to much for stock mounting system or something in the drivetrain since it sounded like a chain was trying to jump off during heavy acceleration. Anyway the Stealth is tempting at about $250 less and I'm already use to and mostly content with 1500w. Plus I will hopefully be using PAS more than the throttle. The extra power of the Pro is tempting and my battery packs can handle it with ease. I'm also building new wheels with DT Swiss 350 hubs that should be able to take it now and then. Actually if the Stealth can be set to and handle 2000w I wouldn't really have reason to even consider the Pro?

Can't answer your question regarding Pro or Stealth (I am buying Stealth as my needs are similar to yours) but I can recommend getting the DT Swiss 350 "Hybrid" hubs instead of the standard version 350. A few bucks more but they are built a little more robust to handle e-bike torque.

I have an X1 Pro Gen 2 but can't answer your questions about the switch, which I have no need for, nor the question about the hanger. Yes, The Pro hanger is a little fiddly but mine is holding OK so far. As for the cadence at 28 MPH that entirely depends on the pedaling chain ring you select, your cassette, and wheel sizes. On my MTB with the 38t chainring and 12t small cassette cog it gets pretty spun out as you get in the upper 20s. The assist is irrelevant to the cadence... more assist just makes it easier on the rider, but does not affect cadence. Cadence is locked in mechanically by the gearing choices. The math for this is pretty simple. You know or can calculate your wheel circumference, then take the cadence you are interested in and use the ratios between the pedaling chain ring and smallest cassette cog to get wheel RPM. Convert that to feet per minute then to mph.

Back