shorted motor windings?

well its .5mm wire with 6 turns per pole with 10 wires in paralell so will rewind using the same,its a pity as i have 0.4mm wire and 1.25mm but no 0.5mm so will have to order some.

If you manage to keep the winding pattern the same then it's simple. Less turns with thicker wire equals more speed but less torque per amp.

I am going sto start the rewind today after renewing the motor bearings,I have 10 .5mm wires that need too be wound in paralell,,as there is not an abundance of room,is it best to solder one end of the wires all together and try and pull them all thru the stator or do it individualy,just wonder if anyone has experiance to advise me on this,cheers m3vuv.

Well this is not going to plan,tried winding with 10 paralell wires,i keep getting shorts,so tried it againe with 2x 1.25mm wire,better but get one of the wires shorting to the motor body,need to make some insulators to stop the enamell scratching,going to try some shrinkwrap tubes in the ameture poles and try that.,not an easy job by a long shot.

You may want to use some heat resistant insulating paper. There is a thread on here that has some information.

well i have it together,i replaced the axle bearings as well but got them mixed up,concequently i have had to cutoff the hall sensor plug to refit the bearings,i just tested it with just the phase wires connected,i dont know if the new controller is sensorless,on twisting the throttle all i get is a click from the motor and no voltage drop at the battery,is that normal?.

I'd pick that up in a heartbeat. You can open the bionx motor, remove the internal controller and use a external one. I recommend a sensorless one just in case.

As to your rewound motor, did you connect the three phase ends together inside the motor?

well the motor looks a barsteward to get apart without striping off the rim,and needs a big puller!!,the battery is 48v 13s/3p 6.8ah,measures 53v so not too bad but first groupe im testing read 125 mr so not in the best of health,ok for free tho!.

Just wondered if that bionx motor would be better than my generic chinese 1kw motor i have,with the controller removed and running my 350w controler,would the rpm be the same,the motor is a 48v unit,the same as the chineese one,is it worth doing as looks like the spokes need removing and a puller needed,quite a bit of work involved,or am i better off getting a like for like chinese motor and swapping its guts?.

A 1000w Chinese hub would be more powerful for sure.
I've run these bionx motors with 48v21A and the orange goo on the phase wires started melting 😅 Wich caused the stator to rub against the magnets.
So they're more like 500w, but free is free.

Im just thinking how to get it apart with the tools i have,thinking of removing one side of the spokes and truing to pull it apart from the wire side.

Back