The Future of American Housing

Yeah some of those container homes are NICE, aren't they? When you skip the house framing stage and your 'frame' costs ~$2k - $10k, you free up so much budget and time to spend on the interior.

It sounds as though Austin is not the place to go, I wonder if they'll price people out of their apartments as they did in San Francisco.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-08/austin-texas-ready-or-not-becomes-hot-spot-for-silicon-valley-transplants

Its not like the Gulf of Mexico is a clean, pristine ocean either.
https://althealthworks.com/record-dead-zone-the-size-of-new-hampshire-predicted-to-hit-gulf-of-mexico-in-2019/

I'd much rather be on the Atlantic side in year round warm weather state with zero income tax, like Florida.

I wonder how the private schools rate in the nation.

2. Florida

This popular snowbird state features warm temperatures and a large population of retirees.15 16

Sales and property taxes in Florida are above the national average, but the overall tax burden is just 6.82% — the fifth lowest in the country.5 Florida ranks 35th in affordability, 10 spots higher than Alaska, but it is still not as affordable as most states due to higher-than-average cost of living and housing costs.9 On the other hand, Florida comes in at 13 on the U.S. News & World Report "Best States to Live In" list.10

In 2018, Florida was the third-lowest southern state in terms of school system spending as well as the lowest spending on this list, at $9,346 per pupil.13 In 2016, the American Society of Civil Engineers gave Florida a C grade for its infrastructure.17

One year earlier, Florida received the same grade from the Education Law Center for the fairness of its state school funding distribution.18 In 2014, its healthcare spending per capita was $8,076, $31 more than the national average.12

Dauntless said:
It sounds as though Austin is not the place to go, I wonder if they'll price people out of their apartments as they did in San Francisco.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-08/austin-texas-ready-or-not-becomes-hot-spot-for-silicon-valley-transplants

Since the pandemic started, a subset of the California-based tech industry has declared the need to relocate, citing the state’s high taxes and prices, ineffectual government, and endemic wildfires. A few investors and executives loudly decamped to Miami, but an analysis of LinkedIn user data shows that about six times as many tech workers went from the San Francisco Bay Area to Austin.

During the pandemic, Austin has welcomed more new residents from the Bay Area than from any other region outside Texas, according to records provided to Bloomberg by the U.S. Postal Service. Tech is not new here—Dell Technologies was founded in the city, and Apple and Facebook have large presences. But there’s been a slew of defections from California in recent months. Oracle late last year said it was moving its headquarters to Austin, and a stream of tech elites including prominent investor Jim Breyer and the chief executive officers of Dropbox and Splunk made plans to relocate.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/amazon-is-selling-entire-houses-for-less-than-20000-with-free-shipping-2019-05-22

reported that one 172-square-foot, $7,250 prefab cabin

The 292-square-foot Lillevilla Allwood Getaway Cabin, about $19,000

111.jpg

The 1,000-square-foot Ecohousemart Timber Home, for about $40,000

333.jpg

I like the look of the contemporary house. I wish I could have looked at it during construction to see how they constructed the curved supports, because with that done the rest of the house is simple. Then I'd just need a big piece of land or my own island in a location with idea climate for no privacy concerns or heat gain or loss with all those windows.

Yes, the Amazon prices are very reasonable and I do believe those quoted prices are delivered to your door.

[youtube]xk8UQ6AWHNU[/youtube]

markz said:
The Future of American Housing

Options are:

Motorhome Motor coach Travel Trailer Homes
Pro's - Very cheap, No pad rent, no utilities, Cost $2k + Ins + Reg + Plate + gas to move a block every 2 weeks.
Con's - Shower Toilet may not run, how do you get rid of waste in tanks for free, and get free water to fill tanks.

Nah, here's your con, you turn into this guy just from living in a motorhome. The pro being that at least it makes good YouTube video.

"I'm an attorney, I studied this whole weekend. . .He moved my sole primary residence into the county jurisdiction."

[youtube]Y3gsgCo3fV8[/youtube]

Back