Toyota RAV4 EV

Got to drive one of these today at my local dealership and I was blown away. I have never driven a model S, only ridden in one during their initial debut at the plant so I cannot speak to the acceleration and handling differences. This little SUV was sporty and fun to drive and kicked me into the seat way harder than the leaf. When I was in the car it looked like I could get 160+ miles travelling on flat roads at 55 mph. There was enough data available on the screens to fulfill my ev nerd needs :D

Made a quick video.

[youtube]mYT5spL0F_k[/youtube]

You only break even if you actually use a car. I use my car like once or twice a month, just to go to Costco. So 50K is very impractical for me. I wish they have something where you just pay to use the car when needed. But not with all the expense of going out and renting a damn car.

mvly said:
You only break even if you actually use a car. I use my car like once or twice a month, just to go to Costco. So 50K is very impractical for me. I wish they have something where you just pay to use the car when needed. But not with all the expense of going out and renting a damn car.

Zipcar
Car2go
Hertz On Demand
etc.

Back