• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Trigger Style Throttle for Ebikes?!

I always use 1/2 twist left hand throttles, as they have a built in cruse control function.
Just squeeze the 2 parts together, when installing on a Bafang motor, without the plastic insert, there is enough friction to hold whatever throttle setting you choose, against the return spring, sure makes it easy to travel 25+ miles on one setting 12.5mph per gps, and never touch the throttle, once set. You just have to remember to shut it down when you finish riding, and the first thing I do is grab a hand brake on a strange bike. ymmv

I concur with others - the thumb throttle can get a bit painful after a longer ride. Fortunately for me, my ride home is up 5 km of road, gaining 200 m elevation, so the throttle is pinned the whole time. Fortunately my 'bar grip moves a bit, so I pin the throttle and push the grip up against it to hold it there for 15 min. Hillbilly cruise control :)

Here's a dashboard photo of my Urban Stealth (semi-street legal) setup. I'll provide additional pictures to my Urban Stealth Build post as parts arrive. On the way to the park, I rode 20mph (while pedaling) on the bike lane and +30mph on streets. Very pleased with the setup and performance.

Edited: The next day, I took it to the park and pushed the controller to its limits, and the results were much better.

*GPS Verified* 35 mph or 41 mph downhill (215-pound rider). The speedo is accurate till 25 mph; it reads 45 mph while I was traveling 35 mph.
52v 50A
PAS
Regen

Urban Stealth Dashboard.jpgUrban Stealth Front Headlight.jpg

Last edited:
Back