Votol EM50 and unbranded 1000w hubmotor not working. Help for solution needed!!!

Keksu

1 µW

I have this problem with EM50 and some 1kw hub motor. I did self learning and it gave hall angle of 30 the pole pairs stayed the same. Hall signal is 5.3V and motor should not be broken since it was used with different controller and battery right before these components. I'm soon testing it with 48v battery to see if the motor doesn't handle 72v. I am beginner in these things and don't know a lot about small details or terms so any help given try to explain it simplified.

some extra details:
I've tried playing around with different flux weakening values and tried low, mid and high speed modes. nothing has worked, but I've managed to change behavior a bit (but nothing huge just that it moves a bit and stops.) also motor makes very high pitch noise without moving or vibrating at all.

photos:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hall and phase combos are your first priority. Also measure the throttle min/max voltages and set those. But at this stage of configuring you should have ALL ports and flux settings disabled, and all power settings configured for 10 amps max.

The only wires you should have connected are the hall, phase, throttle, and power supply, with a jumper wire to purple grey (for powering the controller). Use a temporary switch or disconnect terminal on the purple-grey, so that you can power cycle (reboot) the controller after making configuration changes in the gui.

Last edited:
Back