what is 12 fet controller normal operating temperature?

grga

1 W
Hi guys,

here is my configuration, greyborg frame, 20S2P lifepo4 battery pack, 9C motor (2805) and 12 fet (4110) controller.

current limit is set to 35A but real value (measured with battman) is 39A and around 2500W peak. I installed thermometer with sensor probe and stick it to the mosfet side of controller (metal to metal) and it looks like it is pretty sensitive (0.1 degrees celsius). temperature is around 45-50 degrees celsius for the most of the time and I would like to know is that normal, or maybe to high for that kind of controller. also, is it too much amps and volts for my motor?

when I drive it on the straight road everything is just fine, even if I pull full throttle and speeding around 60 km/h, trouble is stop-go driving in the city and climbing up to hills (fortunately there aren't many in my area)...

one more thing, I am talking about heating when outside temperature is around 30-35 degrees celsius.

thank you very much for your answers.

nope, that is 26" wheel and around 130 kg weight greyborg and me and, unfortunately, I don't have temp sensor in my motor...

Back