why no GM BAC281p controllers in use ?

Hillhater

100 TW
Sydney ..(Hilly part !) .. Australia/ Down under !
im curious as to why the GM BAC 281p controller is not used more or mentioned much here ?
Its a 36-60 volt , 25-50 A max brushless, programmable , regen, controller available for under $60.
is there any known issues with this unit ? or some reason it should be avoided, since the spec and price seem good for a low ( <1kW) power system.
the spec doesnt mention it, but it is all in a compact , cast alloy , 100% sealed waterproof housing with socket connections.
seems very well put together.
Cruise%20BLDC%20Controller.jpg

http://goldenmotorcz.en.made-in-china.com/product/qbOnYJwLnvUM/China-Electric-Bike-Motor-Controller-Hub-Motor-Controller-BAC-0281P-.html
Specification:
Cruise Speed Controller
Cruise/Regen Controller, Programmable!
Multi-Voltage of 24V/36V/48V/60V
Continuous current: 25A
Max current: 50A

Special Features:

Cruise Speed Control -- Sensor/Sensorless Dual-Mode Control
Programmable via PC to setup motor control parameters
Motor hall sensor failure redundency (Automatically switch to sensorless control mode)
Anti-theft alarm and wheel-locking by detection of vibration
True regenerative braking (only effective when you squeeze the hand brake)
Other failures redundency (Work with failed throttle and power breaker)
Work with multiple voltages: 24V, 36V and 48V with the same controller
Report failure components by beeps
Motor phase self detection and calibration
Support Forward and Reverse Control
Excessive Current Protection
Low Voltage Protection

I have had 2 and still run one on my old alu scott ransom build.

I had one replaced by golden motor china when it blew up but they sent me the internal hub version which i had to swap lots of passives from one side to the other to fit back into its case. I also had to drill the case where the three caps are cause they were too tall. anyway its not a bad controller but its also not a great controller either. I dont mind the molex connections but it is simply easier to wire up other controllers where you can put your own connectors on. Also there is the issue that you need the proprietry programming cable and their software which installs cleanly on xp but you need to do some jiggery pokery with registering and finding correct ocx librarys to run on windows 7 or 10.

good when i bought it about 8 years ago but now just expensive and there are better controllers out there. checkout em3ev/lyen/ecrazyman/bmsbattery or grin.ca

for example i have a cheap square wave controller i got for £12 on ebay which can do 48v and this one is more like £50.

Back