Can a 48V motor controller work with 36V?

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
Jyee81   1 mW

1 mW

Can a 48V motor controller work with 36V?

Post by Jyee81 » May 21 2019 5:38pm

My Maine deep cycle batteries are delivering to much current thru thinner guaged wires...i have dc-dc step downs and a circuit breaker between batteries and motor controller however when i turn on... thinner wires are catching fire...i would upload pics but every time on a mobile device it rejects three pic...(can only be 15 kb)....can this 48V 750W vevor bldc brushless motor work with 36V ? Id use the other 12V battery separately )

flat tire   1 MW

1 MW

Re: Can a 48V motor controller work with 36V?

Post by flat tire » May 21 2019 7:28pm

First of all don't run a controller off a DC DC converter use a proper voltage battery bank. Hopefully you're not doing that and those are separate devices on the same bank.

Second, if the issue still exists after rectifying the above, run a proper gage cable. Easy.

Third, the controller will probably draw the same current on 36v if it runs.

Matt Gruber   10 MW

10 MW

Re: Can a 48V motor controller work with 36V?

Post by Matt Gruber » May 22 2019 4:40am

years ago i ran a 24v controller on a 12v sla by hooking 8 aa cells in series with the key switch, so the logic circuit saw 24v, so the low voltage cut off would not kick in. worked fine.
Converted window AC's to central system.
Reversed insulin resistance and heart disease by limiting calories from fat to 7%. Thanks to Dr Mcdougall, Dr Esselstyn, Dr Barnard, Dr Greger, Dr Ornish and Nathan Pritikin. (all on YouTube)
Favorite foods: corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, cabbage, broccoli, lintels, black beans, mushrooms, cherries, mangoes, bananas, pineapples, blueberries, strawberries, pasta, home made rolls and no-fat chips.