Oregon deputies pull out 57 electric scooters, bikes out of Portland river

RLT

10 kW
This is not your average "catch of the day."

A sheriff's office in Oregon recently disclosed it hauled dozens of electric scooters and bicycles out of a major river in Portland.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday on Twitter the department's dive team recovered a total of 57 scooters and bikes over a two-day period in the Willamette River in Portland.
This is not your average "catch of the day."

A sheriff's office in Oregon recently disclosed it hauled dozens of electric scooters and bicycles out of a major river in Portland.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday on Twitter the department's dive team recovered a total of 57 scooters and bikes over a two-day period in the Willamette River in Portland.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oregon-deputies-pull-out-57-electric-scooters-bikes-out-of-portland-river/ar-AADwftT?ocid=spartandhp

Seems insane to me. At least salvage the parts if the batteries or controllers go bad.

RLT said:
Seems insane to me. At least salvage the parts if the batteries or controllers go bad.
Probably most of them arrived via drunk college kids who got mad at a Jump bike parked in their way.

billvon said:
RLT said:
Probably most of them arrived via drunk college kids who got mad at a Jump bike parked in their way.

People dont park the bike properly, I've seen it myself with the Lime bikes. I have personally kicked over Lime bicycles that were blocking my way, and they'd fall over out of the way for others that are coming behind me. It wouldn't surprise me if some are in the Bow River downtown area. Now the city of Calgary has approved dockless rental stand up scooters, which will block the ways of pedestrians and cyclists. Much easier to throw in the river, much much easier.

markz said:
billvon said:
People dont park the bike properly, I've seen it myself with the Lime bikes. I have personally kicked over Lime bicycles that were blocking my way, and they'd fall over out of the way for others that are coming behind me. It wouldn't surprise me if some are in the Bow River downtown area. Now the city of Calgary has approved dockless rental stand up scooters, which will block the ways of pedestrians and cyclists. Much easier to throw in the river, much much easier.
Or, apparently, people like you.

Back