Battery Suggestions

PlanetDad

100 mW
Looking to get a new battery to increase range, and it the most out of my motor.

Currently have a 17.5 ah
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KWZGMVS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Even while be conservative while riding can only count on 10-12 mile range. Granted any route I take will have a 8-12% grade, as much as 900foot total elevation climb each way.

Looking for a 25-30 ah pack. Any that have that much compacity are going to be awkward to mount but so be it if it works.

One idea I had is to double down on this battery. Get a second one and wire them in series... Maybe?

Why do LifePro's get some much hate?

---

48v 1500w direct drive rear hub.
Full suspension mtn bike

Because of the weight and size of Lifepo4. 30 ah of it would be just about impossible to carry on bikes. But two of the lighter, smaller batteries will carry much better, especially if you put one in each pannier, or a pannier style mount.

To run more capacity, double down on the battery. Get the same voltage, and then connect them in parallel to run far. To charge, disconnect again, and charge each individually. This may sound like a pain, but with two chargers, it really just means charge twice as fast.

dogman dan said:
To run more capacity, double down on the battery. Get the same voltage, and then connect them in parallel to run far. To charge, disconnect again, and charge each individually. This may sound like a pain, but with two chargers, it really just means charge twice as fast.

Thanks, ya getting another battery is my cheapest way to get a 35 ah pack.

To clarify, I can NOT charge with them connected in parrallel?

30ah of LiFePO4 is in the 28 lbs range. And the C rating is lower then other chemistry's. However they should last longer then most other chemistry's. Maybe twice as long. My Headway LiFePo4's have given me over 16000 miles. However, they sag going up hills. Going up steep hills probably requires a battery that can deliver a higher discharge capacity then LiFePO4.

You can charge both battery's in parallel if they are a matched-set, wired correctly. It will just take longer then if you charged each separately with two chargers.

Here are some trusted names around here for batteries:

ebikes.ca
em3ev
Ping Battery
lunacycle

:D :bolt:

Back