Power supply from Sevcon

Elvijs

1 µW
hello,
I recently started experimenting with sevcon gen4 controller and used throttle potentiometer which was powered directly from battery pack, but unfortunately it got destroyed and now I got potentiometer which is rated for 10v power supply.
I know that pin 34 is the one I should use, but google and sevcon manual doesn’t say anything about how to activate or use it and also cannot find anything related to it in DVT, it is just pin without any output.

Could please someone who has used it tell how to get it working?

Thank You.

I'm not sure I understand.

First, a potentiometer is not really rated for a particular voltage, at least as far as these low voltages are concerned.

Second, if you were already using a potentiometer as a throttle, then you can simply wire the new one just like the old one.

If you want a different voltage to power the pot from, then you simply connect that wire of the pot to the new voltage source instead of the one you'd used before.

For configuring the Sevcon itself to use the new voltage range, instead of the old, that you'd probably have to ask Sevcon about, if it's not in the manuals....

pots are rated in resistance, not voltage.

Back