Enduro frame 3000 watt 72 volt very first project

Jolfstn74

1 mW
My friend built the above amazingly fun bike but has a strange symptom, upon rapid sustained acceleration, total power loss. This is remedied by unplugging and repluging the battery. I suspect this is the protection circuit within the battery from the current draw being too great. Is this fixable via the LCD display menu, adjusting current limit? Do I need a voltage regulator? Sw900 display.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18gUOWry8XZKzPL_vtqXNWtu_lKqVdXlJ/view?usp=drivesdk

if it's the battery shutting off from overcurrent, (or anything else) it's doing it to protect the battery.

so you don't want to disable that protection.

instead you want to get a better replacement battery, or a second better one to parallel with the first, that *can* handle the demands your system is placing on it.

or, you can turn the system "down", if you can lower the current limit of the controller until it stops doing this. i have no idea if your controller is capable of this via it's menus. (if it is not, it is possible to open the controller and shave or file a tiny amount off one of the shunts, retest, then do this again as many times as is necessary until the problem goes away...but this is not reversible without replacing the shunt or controller).

it is also possible that the battery has cells that are degraded / defective compared to other cells, and have become so unbalanced that the bms shuts off to protect them from overdischarge because they sag so much in voltage. sometimes this can be temporarily fixed to a degree by leaving the battery on the charger overnight (or longer, sometimes this takes days or more). but even if it fixes it, it's not a permanent fix.

in any case, the battery is your limiting factor. if it can't handle the power you need from it, you need a better battery.

Back