80th Birthday

Rassy

1 MW
Happy St. Patrick's Day. Celebrated my 80th birthday today. Originally reserved the community room in the 400 unit manufactured home park that I live in. Over two dozen friends and family, mostly from out of town and some from out of state, were planning to attend a lunch, bike ride to get a special ice cream bar, and bocce ball games in my back yard.

Last Thursday I was notified that the entire community center was closed due to the Corona virus, and since my home is too small for that many and the forecast indicated the weather would be too cold to enjoy an outdoor meal, half of my invitees agreed to skip. In the end only 8 close relatives attended, but we had a great time, after lunch six of us rode our bikes/trikes the four miles to the chocolate factory for an ice cream bar, (mine was dipped in dark chocolate and then rolled in toffee bits), and the other three drove there. Then we had cake and played some back yard games in nice weather over 60 degrees. Hope I can keep riding the trike until I'm 90!

The animal shelter where I volunteer has temporally canceled all of our shifts, so will pretty much stay home and take nice trike rides until the panic is over. Hard to complain after 80 great years

A very HAPPY 80th!

80 years ... a Goal worth achieving !

It helps to live in a area like Central Oregon , Fresh Air , Slower Pace Lifestyle , etc.

I went to U of O when I was younger. Worked at the Natural Foods Co-Op , worked my way up to Manager before I left Eugene . The Willamette Food Co-Op , wonder if it still exists .
I Know the area well , many days of hiking and backpacking in that part of Oregon.

That's a solid innings, and you're still at the crease! Well done.

80 and still pedaling, congratulations.

Outdoor exercise one of the best ways to spew out any virus that might lodge in your nose. And spring is here, or coming.

Congratulations. Dang, 80 years and going strong. Here I was a kid in school when I lost my dad when he was 59, me a late child and all. To have him make it to 80. . . .

Thanks everybody, and to MarkZ, it may be because my body gained from the winter I spent in eastern Alberta, 1962-1963, walking the few blocks to school (I was teaching high school math) or the store or even on a curling league in -30 degree weather! This USA guy headed back to the states pretty quick when the school year was over. Had to walk because the car would not start in -20 degrees, and then by mid-December would not start at all until one of my high school students got it started in mid-March when the temperature finally got above freezing.

Back