What size wrench is required for M10 sirloc nuts?

bikeboy999

1 mW
Hey all,
I will be getting a ebike motor soon, shipping has been started. I am wondering what size wrench will a nut that goes over a M10 bolt is? Will I need a 17mm spanner?

B

bikeboy999 said:
shipping has been started

Welcome to the Endless Sphere forum
Can only hope shipping comes in decent time, if its a week then thats good, but its a gamble.

Where did you purchase the motor/kit whatever you bought from?

bikeboy999 said:
What size wrench is required for M10 sirloc nuts?

I will be getting a ebike motor soon, shipping has been started. I am wondering what size wrench will a nut that goes over a M10 bolt is? Will I need a 17mm spanner?
I'd never heard of a "sirloc nut", so I poked around a bit on the web, and didn't see a reference to it. What exactly are they?

A similar websearch finds that M10-threaded nuts/bolts should be 17mm heads, so a 17mm wrench:
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+size+wrench+for+m10+nut

But I wouldn't guarantee that, as I've experienced hardware sizes from assorted "china" sources that are not actually the size they say they are. :/

I think that is what my memory calls the nylon bushing inside a nut. Now that I am being question on it, maybe that's the binding that goes around binding project books. Now, I don't know anymore.

Brian

I bought a kit from Grin (thanks Justin) and expecting it in a few weeks. As I am healing from a broken leg, I am not in a complete hurry. The motor I chose is a GMAC 10, as I am on the large Clydesdale size so I got the motor used for cargo bikes. ;)

Brian.
PS since I am putting in on a recumbent trike, I ordered LIGO batteries for convience.

bikeboy999 said:
I think that is what my memory calls the nylon bushing inside a nut.
Ah; I'm used to seeing those called Nyloc, if you mean these:
https://www.google.com/search?q=nyloc+nut&tbm=isch

bikeboy999 said:
I am on the large Clydesdale size so I got the motor used for cargo bikes. ;)

I hope your terrain is flat and you're not expecting fun level performance. Did you inform Grin about the load you need to haul and terrain to be tackled? What size wheel diameter did you choose?...not 26" or larger I hope.

amberwolf said:
bikeboy999 said:
I think that is what my memory calls the nylon bushing inside a nut.
Ah; I'm used to seeing those called Nyloc, if you mean these:
https://www.google.com/search?q=nyloc+nut&tbm=isch

Yes, not sure where my brain was when I wrote sirloc.

Brian

John in CR said:
bikeboy999 said:
I am on the large Clydesdale size so I got the motor used for cargo bikes. ;)

I hope your terrain is flat and you're not expecting fun level performance. Did you inform Grin about the load you need to haul and terrain to be tackled? What size wheel diameter did you choose?...not 26" or larger I hope.

Mostly flat. And the wheel is a 26in trike. I am only getting it for assist, not throttle. If I can put in 150 human watts, I can get the mileage I am looking for. (fingers crossed).

Brian

With mostly flat terrain and some human assist it will go a long way. BTW, they probably aren't nuts for a 10mm bolt. The axle flats are 10mm which are cut into a significantly larger axle, so a 17mm wrench sounds small. Don't you have a crescent wrench, which works fine in those larger sizes. If you really want to pick up a wrench ahead of time, ask Grin what size the axle nuts are. They have great customer service and that's an easy question for them to answer.

Back