ASI BAC 800 Controller Red Light.

badazzsteveo

100 µW
I have a 72 volt battery fully charged to 84 volts. When I connect it to my ebike, the ASI BAC800 flashes a red light and the throttle does not work. What is going on? The display turns on, the gear sensor turns on. But the throttle doesn't work. At lower voltages such as 79 volts and below, the red light on the BAC800 does not flash and stay solid red, plus the throttle works.

I have a 72 volt battery fully charged to 84 volts. When I connect it to my ebike, the ASI BAC800 flashes a red light and the throttle does not work. What is going on? The display turns on, the gear sensor turns on. But the throttle doesn't work. At lower voltages such as 79 volts and below, the red light on the BAC800 does not flash and stay solid red, plus the throttle works.

Did it ever work under these conditions?

If it did, was the failure to work sudden, or gradual?

What specifically happened between the time it worked, and the time it didn't?

If it didn't ever work, then there's probably an HVC in the controller (hardware or settings) to prevent damage to the controller, above a certain voltage.

ASI should have documentation about that in their manual or other information they can provide you. If you prefer, you can ask the place that sold the controller to you, as they should also know.

It sounds like the "high voltage cutoff" is being triggered. You need to reprogram the controller so it doesn't throw a fault code.

Back