Battery BMS or charger phone alert

Bikegirl

10 W
Hi guys

I've been thinking lately, wouldn't it be nice if my battery bms or charger could alert me when my battery was finished charging.

I'm assuming that there would need to be a sim card pcb added to the bms or charger to allow this to happen.

Has anyone attempted something like this? Most of the time I am out of Bluetooth range as I charge in the shed rather than the house.

I have a CA Satiator and Em3ev batteries with Bluetooth bms's mostly.

It can be done, but the question is can you purchase something to do it or do you have to Raspberry Pi it.

Bikegirl said:
Hi guys

I've been thinking lately, wouldn't it be nice if my battery bms or charger could alert me when my battery was finished charging.

I'm assuming that there would need to be a sim card pcb added to the bms or charger to allow this to happen.

Has anyone attempted something like this? Most of the time I am out of Bluetooth range as I charge in the shed rather than the house.

Once you've done a few cycles, you get an intuition for how long it will take based on the resting pack voltage before you start charging.

If you're absent-minded just set a reminder alarm on your phone

Hi guys

I always want one of what you mention, even from afar that I wish to remotely charge/turn off the unit or monitor my pack. But never seen one. Let me know should you come across such a product.

For the time being, I use a timer to set the duration I want to charge, for the very basic. Try it several times and you will figure how long you will need.

Back