5V Out on BBSHD Board

tmort

10 W
I can't find the thread or the part I'm looking for, but some time ago I asked if there was a 5V pinout somewhere on the Bafang BBSHD controller board somewhere. Somebody posted a picture of it with the potting removed and an arrow marking where there was 5V, but very low amperage available. I don't remember if it was switched or just on when there was power.

I got as far as removing the potting and the controller but always have things come up that prevented me from hooking it up to the bike and testing it. I finally took the crank, sprocket, chainguard off to remove the old controller and attach one with the potting removed. I did see a terminal I had put a mark on so I assume that is the one the picture indicated, but I can't find the original thread.

I also realized not only could I not remember if this was switched or noe (I think it may have been for some sort of lighting option that wasn't implemented, so there may be a switch on the Bafang display, but I'm using an Eggrider now) I also realized I'm not sure where to put the negative lead of my tester. In any event I'm not getting 5 volts. I did make sure to hook up the new controller to all the internal connectors and to the battery and connected the I guess about five pin connector that heads to the display and also the one going to the speed sensor. Thee was one more HIGO connect the yellow one, which I wasn't using on the other controller. I think what was for a derailleur sensor.

I tried just touching the negative probe of the multimeter to the heatsink for the power transistors an also the metal on the inside of the bottom part of the controller housing. I assume that would be a ground, but this isn't a car either.

Anyone have any ideas.

It seems like if it was switched I did look at the Eggrider and it had whatever switching the Bafang Disply had, but I really can't remember. It was some time ago. I'll take a look at the manual for the eggrider and look around and see if I took any notes at the time.

The plan is to use this to turn a relay on and off to supply power to some lights.

Hey, I figured it out. I found the pictures on my computer and the info on the Eggrider in the manual.It is a switched outlet and the ground is a couple terminals beside it. The Eggrider control has a way to turn lights on just like the Bafang displays do.

It is dark and cold out so I haven't tested it yet but will try to do it tomorrow.

For the record I attached the photos and a screen capture from the Eggrider manual.

BBSHD Headlight Connector 1.jpg[ATTACH type="full" alt="

[attachment=1]BBSHD Headlight Connector 2.jpg"]1[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• BBSHD Headlight Connector 2.jpg
    BBSHD Headlight Connector 2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,348
  • Eggrider Controls incl turn lights on.png
    Eggrider Controls incl turn lights on.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,347
I thought the pinout labled switched + was 5V. Turns out it was 53V (my battery is 48V). So I was mistaken about that. I did find that the pinout next to it had 2.5V and was also switched.

I don't remember exactly what I was planning on doing, but think I simply wanted something low voltage to trigger a relay. I don't remember what I was planning on to get 12 volts for the lights, etc. I muse have some notes. I think I was going to have two relays one for headlights and the other for brake lights. I supposed I was going to get the 5V for the brake light relays right off the brake lever switches.

In any event, I thought I'd add to the labeling of the picture with what I found

ATTACH]

have you made a progress on this? I was also interested in doing something similar.

I found this bafang 6v lighting adapter. I think it is designed to more or less replicate the lighting function on units without the headlight power wire. it also adds a brake light. the clear limitation on voltage could be a problem as it states 5-24v input voltage and 24v output. on a previous description I thought it said 6v output to match a stock Bafang headlight which I guess runs on 6v.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203324654712?hash=item2f57180478:g:vTQAAOSw52phDiRp

with the 24v limitation, you could use relay from the controller in your picture to power a small stepdown converter from the battery and then power the ebay circuit but it seems overly complex.

Back