Meet Kuvalda BenZin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Kuvalda

10 µW
Hi, everyone!

I am Anton from Russia, Moskow and I want to show you my project from medieval ages)

My apologies for the slight internal combustion offtopic, but I think you guys may be interested in my project)

Meet Kuvalda BenZin!

Kuvalda BenZin_1. Construction review youtube video:
https://youtu.be/kpp0ZwUi23s

IMG_20211228_220257_444~01.jpg

IMG_20211228_220257_380~01.jpg

IMG_20211228_220257_484~01.jpg

IMG_20211228_220257_477~01.jpg

IMG_20220116_212753_945~01.jpg

IMG_20220209_160424_6.jpg

IMG_20211230_202246_571~01.jpg

IMG_20211222_231635_531~01.jpg

More photos on ES server: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1jQn3WFStBjYyXgGUiSpJvy2SCaqPUzqG

It's like electroassistant, but with the petrol!)

I represent it like lighter, more powerful, cheaper alternative for already conventional assisted ebikes like Specialized TurboLevo and others.

Power: 1000W (1,3hp)
Weight: 25kg
Fuel tank capacity: 1l
Fuel consumption: 1,3l/100km
Travel range: 70km (or 2,5 hours) at full throttle 1kW!
Whell size: 27,5"
Suspensions travel: 160mm
Target: enduro
Engine: Honda GX35
Clutch: centrifugal
Gearbox: worm gear
Approximate cost: $3300-4000

What do you think about it?
Would you like the same one?)

Also see and subscribe my Instagram too:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CYzQ52pMjyX/?utm_medium=copy_link

#kuvaldabikes, #ebike, #велосипед, #фетбайк, #bikes, #custombike, #handmade, #handmadeinrussia, #mountainbike, #электровелосипед, #мотокросс, #motocross

(Moderator Note: topic moved out of EBike Build Threads to General Discussion because it's only internal combustion, not an ebike. It's not unwelcome, but doesn't fit the regular forum topics.)View attachment 7IMG_20211223_214518_674~01.jpgView attachment 3View attachment 2View attachment 1

Try uploading the pictures again.

Do you know they need to be shrunk to a lower resolution? Usually around 1mb.

It's the "attachments" tab when posting you need to go to. They don't allow certain links.

You guys in Russia prove that cold weather riding is a real thing and can be done successfully.

Great project.

So if I understand correctly this is a sort of "hybrid" with a gas powered generator feeding power to an electric motor which allows the gas motor to run at an optimum efficiency.

Are there any batteries?

Or is this a direct generator - motor bike?

--------------------

"Worm Gear" efficiency is very bad you know... look up the "Tangent Drive" here for a better way to get high gear reduction.

30 to 1 can be done using cycloidal gearing.

SafeDiscDancing said:
Try uploading the pictures again.

Do you know they need to be shrunk to a lower resolution? Usually around 1mb.

It's the "attachments" tab when posting you need to go to. They don't allow certain links.

You guys in Russia prove that cold weather riding is a real thing and can be done successfully.

Great project.

Thank you!

You may see video on YouTube, see photos in Instagram and Google disk while I trying to repair it) I spend about an hour trying to upload here photos, but couldn't do it still(

Anton Kuvalda said:
I spend about an hour trying to upload here photos, but couldn't do it still(

Try different compression apps. I had the same issues. You need them near to about 1mb or they won't work.

And for some reason some apps work and others don't.

The Android tablet I'm on now always fails to upload, but the Android tablet in my garage works so try different things.

Aw that's neat! I've saved a small beer keg from a house opening recently I plan on using for some kind of rat bike like this- one that would use some big single-thumper piston and a single gear, real simple stuff for dickin' around.

Bravo BenZin !
You've welded up a beauty !
It's a great display of mechanical engineering design creativity that efficiently incorporates three "gearboxes" to optimize that great tiny engine.
Fantastic ''Mileage" and likely can use alternative fuels.
Moonshine and turpentine?
Nice Work !
Thanks for your effort because you can go in snow and leave the battery behind.
Mike

SafeDiscDancing said:

Great project.

So if I understand correctly this is a sort of "hybrid" with a gas powered generator feeding power to an electric motor which allows the gas motor to run at an optimum efficiency.

Are there any batteries?

Or is this a direct generator - motor bike?

--------------------

"Worm Gear" efficiency is very bad you know... look up the "Tangent Drive" here for a better way to get high gear reduction.

30 to 1 can be done using cycloidal gearing.

Many people look at me like on crazy (so am I at least partially) even in Russia)
And as I know many people in Scandinavian countries commuts on bicycle at job in winter every day.

It's a simple motorized bicycle, no hybrid. I think hybrid is too heavy, especially for sportive purpose.
The main advantages is lighter, more powerful, cheaper than eBike.
F... forgot about fuel economy is my lifeslogan)
I can afford it to me because the fuel consumption is only 1.3l/100km with full throttle shredding))

It has no battaries. I don't want to destroy the nature with old battaries, I care about ecology)

Yes, I know about pretty poor efficiency of worm gear. It's about 75-80% according to data sheet.
https://msk.technobearing.ru/eshop1/product/chervyachnyy-reduktor-vp-030-p-r20-63b14-u-sati
But it's only one gear and it's 20:1.
And AliExpress analog of this gearbox costs just about $32.

I heard about cycloidal gearing but as I understand I should make it by myself? I can do it but it may be pretty expensive (
And don't you know how much is effeciency factor of cycloidal gearing?

Stealth_Chopper said:
Bravo BenZin !
You've welded up a beauty !
It's a great display of mechanical engineering design creativity that efficiently incorporates three "gearboxes" to optimize that great tiny engine.
Fantastic ''Mileage" and likely can use alternative fuels.
Moonshine and turpentine?
Nice Work !
Thanks for your effort because you can go in snow and leave the battery behind.
Mike

Thanks)

At today I managed to think only about natural gas (propane/butane) as alternative fuel which we have on some gas stations. Or about touristic gas (methane). Sounds interesting but unclearly for what exactly may it may be need. But pretty complicated for make.

Anton Kuvalda said:
I heard about cycloidal gearing but as I understand I should make it by myself? I can do it but it may be pretty expensive (
And don't you know how much is effeciency factor of cycloidal gearing?

The efficiency is about as good as can be done.

But they are not common, so you won't get deals for $32 anywhere.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=70099&hilit=Tangent+drive

step7.jpg

Googled about it.
This site looks like you could buy cycloidal gearbox here)
https://www.drivemeh.ru/nidec-shimpo/czikloidnye-nizkolyuftovye-reduktory-nidec-shimpo-seriya-erh/
Efficiency factor 90%! It's more than worm gearbox, but it's less than simple two staged pinion gearbox(
View attachment nidec-shimpo_erh-czikloidnye-nizkolyuftovye-reduktory_katalog_anglijskij.pdf

One more thing: in my construction the engine locates londitudinal, because it's thicker in this direction. So I need to rotate output shaft at 90 degrees and I need any angular reductor. So inspite of wormdrive I could use one angular pinion stage + one cylindrical pinion stage. I think about it during developing.

I posted ± good quality photos here:)
https://twentysix.ru/blog/kuvalda_racing/138777.html

Finally after a few days I was able to upload photos here!

And you may see it on VitalMTB too:
https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Anton-Kuvalda,56944/setup,45420

Anton Kuvalda said:
It has no battaries. I don't want to destroy the nature with old battaries, I care about ecology)

But you have no problem with small engine exhaust? That's kinda backwards.

spinningmagnets said:
A bike for the apocalypse....

You mean Armageddon.

The word "apocalypse" means that the deception blinding humanity is "revealed".

Which is why the first book presents the way the deception is manufactured and the last book is called "Revelation" which describes the rise and fall of the world tyranny.

Armageddon refers to the big battle the tyranny unleashes as it's big push to scare humanity into absolute slavery.

And the Russians have already wised up to all this stuff.

He creates a really great bike.

SafeDiscDancing said:
[crackpot chud nonsense]

Why do you feel compelled to spam unrelated discussions with your psychiatric problems? Into the bozo bucket with you.

How many people do you have on your ignore list now?
You have a very good candidate there with SafeDiscDancing, but I rarely put people on the ignore list.

Chalo said:
SafeDiscDancing said:
[crackpot chud nonsense]

Why do you feel compelled to spam unrelated discussions with your psychiatric problems? Into the bozo bucket with you.

I'd bet the Russians "remember" guys like Chalo from the old Soviet era.

He's the type that believes:

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

...I have caught him with vast areas of ignorance before so it's not a rare occurrence.

His opinion is of a guy who just doesn't care to know anything.

The preferred way to deal with new ideas is to actually look at them.

calab said:
How many people do you have on your ignore list now?
You have a very good candidate there with SafeDiscDancing, but I rarely put people on the ignore list.

Five, at the moment. Maybe a dozen total during the however many years I've been checking in here.

If there's no useful signal, but only a lot of irritating noise, I will turn the volume all the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back