display of Kelly 7230S stopped working

hammerstrumm

100 µW
Hi, my kelly display no longer works, I want to open it to see if i can fix it, but I can not see what tool to use.(small hole is very deep and dark).
I think the problem is the display, because it used to get "water" -humidity- condensation inside it with weather-temperature changes.
But i have no idea how to check where the problem is if it is not the display itself.

I parked the bike after a short ride and forgot to switch it off for a couple of hours.It still had 3/4 charge .

The bike is still running ok. (Vector Typhoon 4t, ).But i need the display to see charge etc.
The bike is from late 2018.

Much obliged for a tip on what tool to open it with.
EDIT
Judging from the philips mini screws the switch is fitted with, it should be the same screws.Incredibly tight though...

it is this one, https://www.dundrive.com/electric-bicycle-display-tft-750c-48v-60v-72v-speedometer-with-pas-function-for-sabvoton-controller-p3628237.html?currency=EUR

was hard to find but now I wonder ,if I install this one out of box, would it work?Because it mentions only Sabvotron controller and I have a Kelly. 7230S.
I checked the power and the switch gets power so pretty sure the display itself is the problem.

PS I am new at this forum, if I posted this in the wrong topic I apologize.

Awesome, thank you. I sent a small donation.
Would you know if these displays are universal or does the seller program them for a specific controller?
The link i sent is confusing me.
I should ask Artur of Vector ebikes, but he is Ukranian and I feel a bit awkward bothering him with something relatively trivial like this.
But I may have to anyways.
Cheers! Nil

I dont know if the sellers do any programming; that would be up to the seller. Most of them probably don't even know what the things they sell do; they're just stuff that makes them money. :lol:

But I expect the manufacturers of various displays make specific versions for different system/bike OEMs and possibly controller manufacturers as well, for those that don't make the displays for their own contorllers or their own controllers for their displays.

There isn't yet a standard for communication between controllers and displays, so if you don't get one that's specifically for your controller it won't do much for you, most likely. It may display battery voltage on the bar-meter if it has one, but it probably won't display any data (speed, power, etc) and it probably won't be able to do anything for the controller other than turn it on or off. Most of them use the same five wires (battery power, ground, keyswitch/ignition, data tx to controller and data rx from controller), but the data format and actual data content vary....

Pretty much any display *could* work with any controller, if there were a standard format of the data and standard comm protocol; the limitation then would be whether the display has a place to show specific data on screen that the controller provides, and whether the menus the display has available for settings and such correspond to the settings and data available in the controller.

If someone was really up for a herculean task, they could make an arduino or other MCU box that plugs between any controller and any display and "translates" for it; you just have to set the box up on your computer first to tell it which controller you have and which display you have, so it properly translates. Or have it detect this by bytes in the datastream, if there is actually any info in there to do that with.

Back