"Every available accessable shuttle bus East of the Mississippi":

Has been leased by the City of Boston to replace the Orange Line railroad.
The streets along the Orange line route, are now lined with busses waiting for Friday night (blocking the roads)
A massive amount of white paint street repainting BUS LANES started Sunday night taking 1/2 or the roadways and forbidding any street parking.
Whole streets will be shut down.
BTW on 'Move in Day' On September 1st every year 75% or more of the apartment / house leases end/begin.
I can't imagine out of town college students moving in that day with anything but a backpack and duffle bag they can carry on the bus.
Air pollution city.

Seems like a good time to rely on an e-bike for transportation rather than the train or bus.

I think every interstate highway should be closed for a month out of the year to catch up on maintenance and help drivers figure out better ways to live.

nicobie said:
Chalo said:
I think every interstate highway should be closed for a month out of the year to catch up on maintenance and help drivers figure out better ways to live.

😁 You crack me up.

Hey, their way of life is a blight on everyone (themselves included), but they won't change as long as it's the most convenient thing to do. So it will have to become less convenient.

Actually a great idea.

And summertime disruption might also help give incentives toward EU style holidays shutdowns.

Tame the beast...

It's not a bad concept to be honest; would finally force people to harden up and learn to adapt.
Dude you guys also meet and talk with people During COVID who were bitterly complaining supermarkets were running out of specific snacks? Like, not running out of food, just... like chips and stuff? It was so incredulous I couldn't believe it when I ran into it.

Meanwhile others aren't even aware the baby formula shortage is still very much a thing, and clueless that this is actually a real problem for many parents.

Maybe bring back paid wetnurses?

One section of the Green Line has been shut down for weeks to compliment the chaos after a building colapsed onto a subway tunnel.

Today a tree fell on another section of the Green Line shutting another section of the line down and adding demand for those same busses.

Traffic chaos resulted in drivers ignoring: Rules; Bus only streets, completely shut down streets and other drivers.

I expect police action today starting with fines because, IMNSHO car traffic will be throttled to allow trucks to deliver food, goods and MOVING TRUCKS - Every moving truck in Massachusetts and beyond go to Boston on Moving day.

Many of You All can move your household items, clothing and posessions on your electic bike from the DRIVEL I've read here.

Stealth_Chopper said:
Many of You All can move your household items, clothing and posessions on your electic bike from the DRIVEL I've read here.

From my last move:

IMG_20150318_193541.jpg

Sorry it's not an e-bike. Pedals only.

I suppose I could have rented a pickup truck, except that I don't have a driver's license since letting mine expire many years ago. The way I did it was easier for me. It took a few trips, but I didn't have too far to go.

Stealth_Chopper said:
Everyone has a different scenario dude! When I moved into my house, I was boxing up random items steadily, packing them into my car and then ferrying them over after work. That way when I moved out, all I was down to was bigass furniture and my computers. Yeah, we like to proselytize... but pretty soon I'll be able to walk to work, and most my haunts will be within walking or biking distance. I will literally only drive for pleasure and to see friends! And if I can help to get someone else to do it, I'm gonna. Why spend the money lmao

Stealth_Chopper said:
Dunno about "many", but some of us definitely could; it might take a few trips.

Selection of medium to heavy loads from years past, below. I could build a bigger trailer to carry more or bigger stuff if I had to:

Attachments

• DSC05795.JPG
    DSC05795.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 714
  • DSC05799.JPG
    DSC05799.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 714
  • DSC07561.JPG
    DSC07561.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 714
  • DSC07562.JPG
    DSC07562.JPG