Using a mask to filter exhaust gasses

Is anyone using some kind of mask that can filter/remove the exhaust gasses comming in your nose/mouth from other vehicles on the road with combustion engines?

I sometimes use a dust mask or a piece of clothes over my nose/mouth to make it less unpleasant but i guess it might not actually filter the exhaust gasses.

2022-08-19 13_39_31-3M 5000 Respirators in Stock - ULINE.pngYou will need a mask that filters organic vapor like the ones used when painting cars and using lacquer thinner.

https://www.uline.com/BL_1091/3M-5000-Respirators?pricode=WU446&AdKeyword=3m%20organic%20vapor%20respirator&AdMatchtype=e&gclid=CjwKCAjw6fyXBhBgEiwAhhiZshrM7vYJmnwQ2juXl5gXkWjdt0WzWx_40KMOen5tnTMZa3R3HhEP0hoC3WUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Regarding types of 3M filters and usage times before changing out
https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/447121O/filter-change-out-brochure.pdf

During the start of COVID there was a push to make replaceable Cartridges for these, like a universal fitting for the "Bayonet" twist-ons they use. Not sure where that went, but I believe Menards had them in their catalouge since you could buy little replaceable filter disks for a time that did the same thing.

I really don't understand why the dept. of transportation insists on putting the cycling lanes on the busy thoroughfares when there are often side streets with much less vehicle traffic and pollution. I tend to use the (unmarked for cyclist) side streets to avoid the noxious gases, even though it may require slowing down more often for the numerous intersections. I try to go for where there are less motor vehicles.

But I do understand that there are some areas where there are no other alternatives.

99t4 said:
I really don't understand why the dept. of transportation insists on putting the cycling lanes on the busy thoroughfares when there are often side streets with much less vehicle traffic and pollution. I tend to use the (unmarked for cyclist) side streets to avoid the noxious gases, even though it may require slowing down more often for the numerous intersections. I try to go for where there are less motor vehicles.

But I do understand that there are some areas where there are no other alternatives.
Apparently there's cities that don't allow bikes on sidewalks in America. Honestly I don't follow that law, and never would; because like hell I would ever want someone's 10 year old kid being told by a cop he has to ride his bike with car traffic.

So what is it called when i want to filter exhaust gasses?
There is petrochemicals. That sounds like gasoline but its more burnt fuel it should filter.
Is exhaust gasses from combustions engines called organic vapors?

Back