Ypedal?

nicobie

Staff member
Anyone hear from Ypedal lately?

I miss his posts and am curious how he is doing. I wonder if he ever got rid of all the ebike kits he bought to resell.

For those who are new to E-S, he was one of the reasons this joint has done so well. He set the here tone for years.

I always hoped he would come back...

A quick google doesn't find much recent activity, but this
https://www.facebook.com/ypedal/posts/pfbid0Th45NStDc1ka8QxKubuQzE5o5N6g6yUjhhcJQKSrHCdXS8stg49MjwGJWHGBXNeml
which indicates he still builds bikes for people (using only Grin Tech stuff).
quoted below from the googlecache for anyone else unable/unwilling to actually visit fb. ;)
Ypedal.com
·
I've been neglecting this page... time to post something lol..

·
I get a LOT of phone calls, every day.. Specially since ebikes are getting ever so popular ! ( a great thing.. .. ! but .. )
Now, if a problem comes up with any bike that i have built, with parts that i sourced, it's not even a question... bring it.. i'll fix it !.. I have spare parts and i know what's up as well as how to repair just about any problem you can imagine.
However... since ebikes are still very much in their infancy and it's literally the wild wild west out there in terms of standards, it's become impossible to know who's sourcing what, using xyz connectors, unique versions of throttles.. etc... so basically, if it's not one of mine.. i probably won't touch it ! ( i make rare exceptions ) . sorry !
This video illustrates a few of the many frustrations that come with a repair job, not all ebikes are created equal and there is a severe lack of support in the industry. Buying online, means you might get a part but you need to install it yourself ! . sometimes it's easy, but sometimes it's really.... .reallly not easy............
Currently, i only build bikes using systems from Grin Tech ( people in the video below.. featuring the man himself.. " Justin " .. ) .
Sustainable Ebikes.. for the win !

He has a website...one could call just to say "hello, we miss you."

:D :bolt:

Back