USB Cable

marty

1 MW
This is important. Imagine Marty flying through space in his rocket ship. Equipment failures / Not good. $5 cable fails and I loose my navigation. WANT a rocket ship quality USB cable.

Here is the story. Car with cigarette lighter socket. Got one of these:
DXMA1419009_2.jpg
DXMA1419009_F1.jpg
These $5 cables last about 6 months or a year then they fail. Looks like this:
ur030003dnb-front-xl.jpg
ur030-003-dnb-features.jpg
Here is a PDF file with cable information in great detail. [Product Datasheet]
View attachment ur030003dnb.pdf
Universal Reversible USB 2.0 Converter Adapter Cable (Reversible A to Down-angle 5Pin Mini B M/M), 3 ft. (0.91 m)
https://tripplite.eaton.com/universal-reversible-usb-2-0-converter-adapter-cable-reversible-a-to-down-angle-5pin-mini-b-male-3-ft~ur030003dnb
Cable powers Marty's GPS. Looks like this:
ezgif-5-784dae157e.jpg
So there ya have it. I want a GOOD quality USB cable with a Mini-B plug, down angle as shown in picture above. Like the down angle because it fits better. Old cable is 3 feet long. Little longer or shorter would be OK. Where to find a good quality cable?

Wondering why the old ones fail? GPS flickers, says "cable can not charge devise", thinks it's connected to a computer, turns off and on, goes black. Replace cable and GPS works perfectly.

Now I see Reversible A. Never imagined it could go in either way? Having weird thoughts about sex. Will try flipping defective cable upside down tomorrow and report back.

Please don't tell me to forget about the GPS and get a paper map. I tried that.

Back