Duct tape on jets.

beast775

100 kW
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/what-would-you-do-if-you-saw-this--moments-before-take-off-084121280.html

Thought only old school ebikers used duct-speed tape. :lol:

I read the article,it was tape sarcasm.

Speed tape = duct tape ( quality version)
It's the same stuff race car teams slap on to hold bodywork together after a little push and shove !
I think on that airplane they were only using it to hold the loose rivets in around the motor cowling ? :shock:
It is truely a multi use product...
IM002185.JPG

d0a00e28c8f8a83e348e9ef658a3ef49.jpg

Hillhater said:
Speed tape = duct tape ( quality version)
It's the same stuff race car teams slap on to hold bodywork together after a little push and shove !
I think on that airplane they were only using it to hold the loose rivets in around the motor cowling ? :shock:
It is truely a multi use product...
On that Canadian Yahoo News page, there were several comments that identified the tape as metallic speed tape, something that has a strong adhesive and leaves little residue. I searched on it and found the Wiki page, but I didn't see anyplace to buy it.
There's a story about United Airlines being fined for using it, but United may have been within the rules.
(PDF) 3M makes a few varieties, of course. This type at 57.40 lbs roll - Size 6-1/2 in x 180 yd 4.6 mil is offered for $723.86 USD. That's way more than I would need.
All I know is that I want some!
70006388907_spsi.png

Back