Discussions aren't the same quality without Chalo

I miss the man's unique perspectives on things. It's natural for humans to get into pack mentality and cling to whatever fleeting trend of the day happens to be happening in ebikes. Chalo has spent a lifetime working with bicycles, has seen many fads and trends come and go, and freely contributes his very not-pack-mentality view points.

The value in discussion is not unquestioning mutual group acceptance of ideas, it's to have them challenged and to take the uncomfortable looks at our own series of assumptions. Like it or not, agree with him or not, he mastered this perspective challenging process and I personally miss the value it adds to your board, and I don't care that it occasionally ruffles feathers.

I move to un-suspend his account, and hope he is so kind as to return.

ATB,
-Luke

liveforphysics said:
The value in discussion is not unquestioning mutual group acceptance of ideas, it's to have them challenged and to take the uncomfortable looks at our own series of assumptions. Like it or not, agree with him or not, he mastered this perspective challenging process ............ and I don't care that it occasionally ruffles feathers.
ATB,
-Luke

Can't agree more.

Another method in the repertoire of moves to avoid challenges to the hive mentality here is to shun the unperson.

Peace.

LK

Gregory said:
His account isn't suspended, and according to his profile he visited ES today.

Odd that he isn't able to post.

Chalo my friend, post in this thread if able. If your post doesn't appear here, let's get that fixed mods.

ATB,
-Luke

I just got a message from Chalo that says when he tries to post, it says:

"You have been permanently banned from this board. Please contact board administrators for more information"

I'm the moderator that gave him a week off, and I for one...would welcome him. I have been reprimanded myself on occasion through out my life...and when I was, I deserved it. It was annoying and irritating, but life goes on.

liveforphysics said:
I just got a message from Chalo that says when he tries to post, it says:

"You have been permanently banned from this board. Please contact board administrators for more information"

Permanent ban? I think something may be effed up....

I agree with Luke.

It sounds like some settings on vbulletin for his user must be incorrect somehow.

Spinning stated he only gave him a week off and I assume he re enabled him thinking that he could post but chose not to do so.
Id also bet that Chalo assumed he was not being allowed to post.

Anyway if Spinningmagnets re-enabled the user maybe some other setting still needs to be changed ?

After a chat in the mod private discussion area (a while back), I very specifically clicked on "one week ban" (or wording to that effect). If I have somehow inadvertantly left him on ban mode, then I am the person solely responsible for the mistake, and I sincerely apologize.

I just went to the user profile page and clicked on something that says "exclude from banning", and hopefully that will have a positive effect.

+1 LFP +1 Diversity -1 Treating people badly //Fine line

Chalo seemed abrasive sometimes, but I never witnessed the crossing of lines.
I believe this was a private matter, so I prefer not to address it specifically.

All intensive purposes, if a member can login, they can post- they just may not want to because of unresolved issues, quite possibly of a private nature.

I would like to have more of Chalo's perspective, and hope things can be resolved if needed.
Peace

PS, I wrote this re:lfp 6 posts back

This is what my screen looked like after I tried again to un-ban Chalo. The first choice in the ban menu is "permanent", but there are several other choices not shown until clicked on, like one week, one day, etc. The permanent ban is the first choice because it is the most often used for the frequent spam that Amberwolf has been so effective at sweeping up.

ChaloBanReversed.png

Whoa, I'm back.

Many thanks to Luke for the help getting through the force field, and also to everyone who offered kind words in my absence.

My daily habits have changed a bit in the interim. In addition to setting aside the Endless Sphere, I also broke up with my girlfriend and thus changed my default location to my own place. So I don't know how active I'll be at E-S while I'm finding my new rhythm, but I'll definitely be checking in here.

Thanks again!

Chalo

Chalo said:
Whoa, I'm back.

Many thanks to Luke for the help getting through the force field, and also to everyone who offered kind words in my absence.

My daily habits have changed a bit in the interim. In addition to setting aside the Endless Sphere, I also broke up with my girlfriend and thus changed my default location to my own place. So I don't know how active I'll be at E-S while I'm finding my new rhythm, but I'll definitely be checking in here.

Thanks again!

Chalo

The very least I could do for someone who challenged what I had previously taken for granted as reality more than most folks in this world.

Congratulations on the change in pace! Independence is beautiful.

ATB,
-Luke

Since that worked, then I can only conclude that the mismanaged un-ban was clearly my fault. Chalo, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. You deserved better.

It’s better to have a genuine “bicycle” person willing to share. More often than not, bicycle folks tend to ignore us while seemingly wishing that we would just go away.

Welcome back Chalo and good luck with the changes in personal life. Life’s a work in progress and no telling what’s behind the next door.

Wow....you got banned??? Now you really are my hero! :lol: But, sorry you got banned.... :oops:
Seems to have worked it's way out. 8)

@ Chalo "Ok, so you speak your mind", ....

Well, for those who don't know Chalo, if you ask him for advise or help on this board, he will always give you good, if not great advise. He has helped me before. Not once, but multiple times. For his help I am grateful.

Glad you are back and sorry about your break-up. Those are always hard. If it helps, and it may not, I have had a year of major changes my self both good and bad. I have met others who have had the same kind of year. Major moves kinda-year.

PM on it's way, maybe tomorrow.

Glad you are back.

:D

Thank you for fixing it Spinning.

For what it's worth, I don't feel like you did anything wrong, intentionally or accidentally either. Thanks for your earnest help in clearing up what was foremost a technical problem, as far as I can tell.

spinningmagnets said:
Since that worked, then I can only conclude that the mismanaged un-ban was clearly my fault. Chalo, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. You deserved better.

Back