Dyson battery BMS?

Drunkskunk

100 GW
Anyone know where to get a 6 cell micro sized BMS for a Dyson battery?
I know this is slightly off topic, but of all the places to ask this question, you folks are the most likely to know.

I had a Dyson handheld vacuum. A few inches away, I also had a sink full of dish water. I left those two alone in the dark for a few hours and came back to find them performing some act not covered in the Karma Sutra of Appliances. Only the tip of the vac was sticking up from the bubbles, boldly flaunting it's deviances and disregard for it's manufacturer's recommendations not to use in water. Now, of course, the battery refuses to work.

I called Dyson, and told their tech support about the little Vacuum's liaison with a sink full of suds. I was hoping they would tell me where I could buy a battery, but instead they are sending me a new battery for free. 5 stars for Dyson customer support! But that does leave me with a dead battery case, a market full of 18650 cells with almost double the capacity of the standard Dyson 22mA packs, and only a missing BMS to make this work.

Any luck? I'm thinking about replacing the cells in my Dyson handheld and any photos of the guys would be useful before I go hacking it up!

They are sony VTC4 (30A rated 2100 mAh) (green wrapper).
In other packs they use LG HD2C (20A rated 2100 mAh) (salmon pink wrapper).

Still looking for a BMS alternative for these dyson packs.... Cells are easy to figure out... the special BMS with the relay type switch not so much

The motor is a generic off the shelf motor, I know that.

There is a guy on youtube in British Columbia that opens that stuff up and analyzes the plastique's and build quality. He now has a CNC machine he is working on so he puts that up on his yt, as well as sports and some cooking on the grill. Seems to be a world traveler for his troubleshooting work.

Can you make pics of the board? Dyson doesnt invent stuff (anymore), they grab stuff off the shelf and sprinlkle on their smell (and copy protection).
I doubt it is something special.

Back