Slow-mo video shenanigans ..

spinningmagnets said:
What model of camera? (you big tease!)

woops..

It's a Sony RX100 v4 , can do 950 or so fps .. most things slow down well at 240 fps and the file size is more manageable .. but it's fun to mess around with !

And Marty, no guns in this house lol.... already too many dangerous things as it is..

at the end of that vid it was awsome!.. nice experiment Ypedal!

Doc

A neighbor was annoyed that one of the other neighbors had a husky "locked out of the house" when there was snow on the ground. Dog-owner showed that there was a doggy-door to the garage to shut him up. He still gave the dog-owner the stink-eye until the snow started to melt, and the husky went out of its way to lay on the few remaining patches of snow, when there was sunny areas available.

Same with my Saints--though it doesnt' snow here, they're happy to go play and even sleep outside even on the very rare occasion in midwinter nights that it gets below freezing. It's hard to get them to come in!

But now, half the year later, when it's over 115F in the shade, and up to 145F in the sun.... :(

Even without much in the way of significant weather here, Oliver is mostly a spoiled-rotten parlor dog; except when he goes out for a ride in one of his strollers. He's quite a portable animal, being small enough to carry in a doggie-decorated designer handbag. He'd get lost in a 6 inch snow drift. :lol:

if anyone has any suggestions for cool slow motion stuff to try, we are always looking for more ideas... something that happens fast ( 1000 fps recorded, played back at 30 fps... so think 1 to 3 seconds of action, fire is cool, sparks.. ( I have a big bank of capacitors i want to mess with, but need to learn more on how to safely use them... caps are scary.. )

I'm likin your vids too, and think they are the type of thing that can and does sometimes get popular on utube.

Thinking the same thing- fire is cool. (normal voice- not beavis, and/or butthead lol). I remain amazed by fire = the chemical reaction with ties to thermodynamics. More of that, particularly expirements (caps a good idea too). I was thinking of filming ignition of flammables (gunpowder too), and of course nature like birds and bees (literally).
For more ideas, I hope you've been perusing the slo-mo utube channels?

Geared hub internals spinning up showing lash from a stop and grease squishing around?

Ferrofluid moving around in the magnets with rotation of phase fields?

Spoke stretch and relaxation during rotation of a wheel under load?

Back