Round peg.. square hole.

Ypedal

Staff member
Mamma said there would be days..... urgh..

So local customer left an eZee 48v 10ah pack drain down by accident ( unsure of how it happened, but 10 of the 13 groups were at 3.2v and the other three groups were at 0v... tried to jolt the 0v groups back to life but they just get hot and drop voltage as soon as charge is removed..... dead.. )

So, since it's out of warranty ( would not be covered anyways... not a defect issue ) may as well try to salvage it.

My water bottle packs use the same Sony V3 ( 2200mah ) cells, and i happen to have one with a damaged BMS, so today's job... take 3 groups of 4P cells.. make them 5P, then cram it into the original eZee box !

fun times !

Attachments

• Sony Cells hack job.jpg
    Sony Cells hack job.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 508
Good luck Ypedal,im so bad at fixing batteries i have no family friendly words :lol: .

Yeah.... this pack has something like 8 shallow cycles on it in since June 2014.. the cells that remained over 3v should have lots of life left in them, can't let it go without at least trying..

It's going to be a tight fit but i'm determined to get it back in it's box. ...

Could have used the sledge for a different reason... :evil:

I get the 3 groups reworked and crammed back in.... get the RC charger to bring the 10 other groups to equal voltage and discover group no.4 also bad........... aaarrrrggghhhhh...

when i bulk charged the pack to try and revive the 0v groups, no.4 held a charge long enough to pass as OK, but was not. ..

Took it apart again, no.4 replaced and charging / balancing now... fingers crossed the BMS will work and somehow fits back into it's box without looking oval. .. should be done today,.

Back