Cycle Analyst V2 - Menu on startup

Hello Endless Sphere community. I am reaching out because I have an odd issue. A customer of ours has an old Cycle Analyst V2 model that when he turns the unit on, it goes straight into the setup menu and cannot exist out of it. This is of course resulting in the unit not running. Could this be an odd error or perhaps something within the programing itself? (I'm not excluding user error since the gentlemen is on the older side with lacking tech savvy skills.) But if anyone has an idea or has ran into this issue, please let me know as I will be very appetitive of any information.

This could simply be a failed button assembly with the left button stuck ON.

Remove the four screws from the back of the case and carefully open it. Unplug the button ribbon cable from the circuit board. Now try powering up the CA to check if it boots properly.

If this works, a replacement case part can be had from Grin Tech - email them at ebikes.ca.

If this doesn't help and there is visible condensation inside the case, it may be a water issue. Leave the case open to dry and try again.

If this doesn't work, email Grin Tech Support. Tech Support came with the unit - it's a good time to use it to help identify the issue...
;)

That's what I was actually just thinking about! Could be some corrosion or water damage underneath that button. I'll have the customer send it back so I can open it and see what was causing this issue. I'll keep the form posted on the outcome for future reference. Thank you for the response Teklektik!

Back